instant messanger

This is google result

Miranda but last I checked it was very buggy/unstable. They may have improved it by now... hopefully...
You are right, I did not used it more then 5 minutes then turn it off and uninstall it, now I'm stick to trillian pro 3.1 Edited by MGadAllah

This is google result
Miranda but last I checked it was very buggy/unstable. They may have improved it by now... hopefully...
You are right, I did not used it more then 5 minutes then turn it off and uninstall it, now I'm stick to trillian pro 3.1

yea miranda is light but buggy and trillian is nice

I use Gaim but… can’t say it’s low resource.
I've tried it once but forget about it because every time I add MSN accounts it get crashed, and I've searched for any solve here or in google or even the gaim website, but nothing happened, even the new release still has the same issue, hope they can fix it soon, but for the time being TRILLIAN :P

I find Miranda quite stable today (well, of course, it depends of what plug-in you use) but it takes some time to set-up if you want certain functions.

Trillian uses (a bit) more resources but installs in just a few minutes.

Edited by glocK_94

I use Miranda-IM on my laptops (I do use the MSN/AIM original clients on them too) and I find it perfect for systems with 128MB - 256MB of ram. If your over 256MB then you can just use the original clients.

And yes, Miranda-IM takes a lot of time to setup/configure it your way, but I have noticed lately I prefer to use the stock stuff. The actual program isn't buggy, it's most of the add-ons that people will install with it. Use the base install for a few days and you'd be surprised.

I don't like adding to much to things. Thats the reason I use the plain Jane XP default Luna style. I also find that adding to much to something will often result in instability and performance drops. So, thats the reason I choose to use everything pretty much stock.