How many Leave Computer on All the Time?

popeye

Amazed?!? LCD flat screes are of a much lower quality then standard Crt moniters. My girlfriend and her room mate both have them, the viewing angle suck, color depth is weak and most cant go past 1024x768 plus the dpi is bad. I would love to have that extra room on my desk and the low radiation but the quailty is too poor for gaming and grafix work.

:beer

-drew

have u seen the Samsung SyncMaster 240T

:cool:24 inch ultra thin HDTV lcd screen

:cool:xtrawide (170degree) viewing angle

:) high resolution, up to 1920x1200

we have these at work, and damm....makes me sad to go home and use mine lol :rolleyes:

The Samsung SyncMaster is one of the few exceptions. I wouldnet mind one at home, they got alot of neat xtras..like picture in picture(so you can watch tv and use the computer). Unfortunitly the price is WAY too high. You can get a CRT with equal or better quatily for alot cheeper. The majority of the decently priced LCDs are crapy and arnt worth the xtra dough.

-drew

Personally - I am pretty **** happy with my 18 inch viewable compaq TFT8000. Have it set at 1280x1024 - 32bit and don't notice any issues with clarity, resolution, etc. Viewing angle is fine - and this guy is 2 years old. New flat panels make this one look like cr*p. I am saving my pennies for one of the Sony 18 inch jobs. Georgeous! Saw them at Comdex and fell in lust! The extra desk space is worth any 'percieved' viewing issues anyway!.

:):rolleyes::D

LS

The resolution, color, and impressiveness of the new LCD monitors here tops everything a CRT can put out, especially considering the space-saving, lack of large vents, and power consumption. They have a new Plasma screen they are using for televisions that are way over priced but highly advanced, we are talking crystal clear here, I hear really soon Sony and Samsung as well as a few others will be putting out the plasma monitor for PC's. That my friends is enough to make me go for the LCD.

It is nice and it is clear as much as or even greater than CRT.

Big Booger

http://www.avrocks.com/store/plasma_tv.asp

http://www.dba-pr.com/clients/marantz/releases/pd6120d.htm

61 inch monitor 29,000 US dollars!

=) not cheap

my config is an XP rig.... i used to leave it on 24/7, but with xp they seem to have fixed the standby issue...ya know the one where you can go to standby, but then the pc locks up and never wakes back up.... anyways my longest uptime was like 3 months without a single reboot or anything... just regular defrags and virus scans...