Completed XP Setup Screens

Hey Termy, I can't seem to download any of your setup screen replacements from your WinZone site.  It says something regarding "Requested File exceeds 256Kb" or something like that anyway.  Don't tell me that NetFirms is adopting a Geocities-style bandwidth limit function? :)

i will do a mirror as they seems to be a problem there.

Thers is lest than 100 Mb left on this account so it first come first get if you no what i mean.

Heres the link

Mirror

Should be able to take about 50 downloads only.

:rolleyes: nothing but problems just lately lol

I understand what your shots are suggesting I alter, but what I'm trying to say is that the following info in those two strings reads out exactly the same in both the original DLL and, for example, your Tomb Raider DLL...

String 1:

STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE LANG_ENGLISH, SUBLANG_ENGLISH_US
{
1, "9"
2, "8"
3, "8"
4, "Tahoma"
5, "Arial"
6, "24"
7, "0"
8, "11"
9, "0"
10, "18"
11, "0"
12, "9"
13, "0"
14, "16"
15, "0"
}

String 2:

STRINGTABLE
{
16, "9"
17, "0"
18, "700"
19, "Tahoma"
20, "400"
21, "20"
22, "0"
23, "Collecting |information"
24, "Dynamic |Update"
25, "Preparing |installation"
}

Looking at your Tomb Raider screenshots I've seen that you managed to make the font of the status messages look smaller/different so that each one fits on a single line. But how could you have been able to do that when there are no noticable changes in these strings between the two DLLs whatsoever? :):wacko::rolleyes:

Could it be something to do with the particular version info? My DLL states "5.1.2600.0 (xpclient.010817-1148)". Your DLL carries "5.2.3790.0 (srv03_rtm.030324-2048)". I take it you have a drastically different version of XP internal wise?

Looking at your Tomb Raider screenshots I've seen that you managed to make the font of the status messages look smaller/different so that each one fits on a single line.

christinawin2k3.JPG

All on one line like that? I didnt change the font to do that i just edited the images that display to the side of the text and made them VERY small and the same color as the background. :rolleyes:

*edit* Oh wait my bad, you mean WITH the side images intact too. :) Nevermind then.

It looks like he's using Windows Server 2003's WINNTBBU.DLL

Your right it is 5.2.3790.0 that means that i mix up my CD's which means i have windows xp on win2k3 and win2k3 on windows xp :rolleyes:

would it matter if it was a win2k3 one its all the same.

:)

I made a boo boo

I understand what your shots are suggesting I alter, but what I'm trying to say is that the following info in those two strings reads out exactly the same in both the original DLL and, for example, your Tomb Raider DLL...

String 1:

STRINGTABLE
{
1, "9"
2, "8"
3, "8"
4, "Tahoma"
5, "Arial"
6, "24"
7, "0"
8, "11"
9, "0"
10, "18"
11, "0"
12, "9"
13, "0"
14, "16"
15, "0"
}

String 2:

STRINGTABLE
{
16, "9"
17, "0"
18, "700"
19, "Tahoma"
20, "400"
21, "20"
22, "0"
23, "Collecting |information"
24, "Dynamic |Update"
25, "Preparing |installation"
}

Looking at your Tomb Raider screenshots I've seen that you managed to make the font of the status messages look smaller/different so that each one fits on a single line.  But how could you have been able to do that when there are no noticable changes in these strings between the two DLLs whatsoever? :):wacko::rolleyes:

Could it be something to do with the particular version info?  My DLL states "5.1.2600.0 (xpclient.010817-1148)".  Your DLL carries "5.2.3790.0 (srv03_rtm.030324-2048)".  I take it you have a drastically different version of XP internal wise?

My Xp as been changed a lot with replacement files in the i386 and AaronXP is right i think it could be a win2k3 one but it came from my winodws XP CD

The Windows Sever 2003 setup screen graphics do not say Windows Sever 2003. (Not the billboards) All they did was colored it grey and changed the top corner graphic to say Windows instead of Windows XP.

If you want proof, look at this graphic from the Windows Super Site review of Beta 3 of WS 2K3:

winnetserver_b3_07.gif

I still would like to know just why the status fonts in Termy's setup screens look vastly different even though he hasn't changed one part of the two strings from the original DLL. Is it a Windows Server 2003 thing? Can you only get smaller fonts in that particular OS? :rolleyes::)