Completed XP Setup Screens

Okay, here we go, dithering:

Note:- All images hosted courtesy of Natomic.com, Go and download some free gaming fun :)

This is my original 16 million colour gradient, okay?

notdithered.jpg

I save it as a 20 colour GIF (256 colour shows little difference to the original, so this is just to show you the effect) and the image looks like this:

20colors-nodither.gif

Oooh err, not nice, here's what it looks like up close:

20colors-nodither-zoom.gif

All of the colours are clearly separate.

Now we add some Diffusion dithering:

20colors-diffusion.gif

Looks a bit better, a little smoother, here's the zoomed pic:

20colors-diffusion-zoom.gif

Pattern dithering yields some better results:

20colors-pattern.gif

Looks much nicer, and a lot closer to the original image Zoomed:

20colors-pattern-zoom.gif

All of these were created in Photoshop 7, but most cheaper paint programs like Paint Shop Pro can also pull off these tricks :rolleyes:

So there you have it, examples of dithering, enjoy.

Can i just ask something - We have replaced the Setup screens for the mainsetup. But how can we change them for the initial Windows Based setup too? :) Just to make the conversion complete?? :rolleyes:

the file WINNTBBU.DLL does that and the file WINNTBBU.DL_ does the other part of setup.

How do you make the windows logo in the top left transparent?

use the Remove background tool in PSP 8

EDIT:

well i tried the transparent thing and transparecny does not work. In his case I would gess he editied the file and simply made it the same color as the background he is using.

if that want you think download my file and replace the background and run it as a setup you will see that it transparent

Hey Termy, I can't seem to download any of your setup screen replacements from your WinZone site. It says something regarding "Requested File exceeds 256Kb" or something like that anyway. Don't tell me that NetFirms is adopting a Geocities-style bandwidth limit function? :)