Ever have your wisdom teeth out?

prx984

Well, Have you?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. have you had your wisdom teeth out?

• yes
    • no
    • going to soon

i got gas, and IV. they also hooked me upto a heart monitor lol. i also got frozen. my mouth finally fees normal again lol. i got to take my iPod in with me and listen to some music too. the doctor listened to iron maiden too :blink::w00t:

the teeth came out fairly easily for me. i was there for about 20 minutes then i was out. i dont have any pain anymore WOO lol, hopefully soon i can eat some good food again. i have to eat pudding and oatmeal, not that its bad, its just gonna get very repetitive <_<

anywho.. i would get the gas for sure, it made me feel good too hehehe :lol:

Edited by Cygnus

local anesthesia, like 4 shots to the upper right, 4 shots to the upper left, 4 shots to the lower right and 4 shots to the lower left. I still felt the prying of the tooth and everything. The doc was suprised that i could still feel it. No amount of anesthesia can make me fell no pain.

im starting to have a lot of pain in my jaw now. it hurts to talk really, and the blood that keeps going in my mouth is really grosse now :lol: oh well.

its done, just gotta heal now.

heh, the best thing to do is get it done, then just put up with the pain afterwords. it doesn't hurt initially, just a coupla hours later when stuff starts to come back to life lol.

but i strongly advise you to get the gas and IV and freezing. it helps. plus the gas makes you feel kool lol ;)

oh, and if you can take music with you.

i have to eat pudding and oatmeal, not that its bad, its just gonna get very repetitive <_<

Still FAR better than getting your tonsils taken out. Now, THAT sucked (can't eat anything, hurts much more). Had to stop taking pain killers soon after too even if it hurt, as I'd be awake for 5, be given more pain killers, and go right back to sleep. Sleeping 23 1/2 hours a day is a little too much.

i have to eat pudding and oatmeal, not that its bad, its just gonna get very repetitive <_<

Still FAR better than getting your tonsils taken out. Now, THAT sucked (can't eat anything, hurts much more). Had to stop taking pain killers soon after too even if it hurt, as I'd be awake for 5, be given more pain killers, and go right back to sleep. Sleeping 23 1/2 hours a day is a little too much.

iv had them out too, i couldnt do very much for a long time. i had strept throat over 10 times in one month, so the doctor said that i would have to get em out.

Getting a few removed on the 16th! ;) Plus a bunch of molars that aren't growing properly... Oh well...

ouch, try to get some kind of drug hehehe :lol:

its better to get it fixed when your younger though, that way the recovery time is much shorter and you dont have to pay for it when your parents can :P

Im curious, whats the purpose of having your wisdom teeth out?

Is it really neccesary?

Or is it as neccesary as getting circumsized? (its not rally neccesary) LMAO

And after you remove your wisdom teeth, are you less smart? :lol: (im just kidding around)

Edited by ricktendo64

Is it really neccesary?

Or is it as neccesary as getting circumsized? (its not rally neccesary) LMAO

And after you remove your wisdom teeth, are you less smart? :lol: (im just kidding around)

In my case, I'm having my wisdom teeth and a few molars removed because they are not growing straight up. Rather, they are growing against other teeth, causing them to move and become crooked. This is a bad thing after having braces for two and a half years. :wacko:

Is it really neccesary?

it really depends on the person. if the teeth are impacted, they can grow funny and cause a lot of problems. in my case, i had 3 impacted and one was growing properly, but it was pushing my teeth forward. i have only 1 crooked tooth. its not all that bad, and its on the bottom lol so you dont see it, plus 15 years or so with it, im just so used to having it.

my dad went until he was 36 before he had his wisdom teeth out, he drove home that night and ate pizza and went to work on sunday :lol: even after having the gas, he says it had no effect on him. it worked on me though, so that worked out quite nicely.

anyway.. im going to get a drink of something, need some water maybe :sneaky:

cya for now.

i used gas.. An had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out.. I couldn't feel a damm thing Since i was knocked out that bad.. Of course when i got home all i did was sleep for the rest of the day and night because of it...