WPI 5.1 Wish List

I would like someone to be able to finish what I started so long ago. I started work on a Section to make it very easy to customize the look of WPI but below are screen shots of them

Here are a few teaser screen shots of the apperance wizard that was under developemnt. I had most of it working on my side but no real testing done. And now with the code being completely redone I am not sure where to begin again.

NO THIS IS NOT SCREEN SHOTS FROM WPI 5.0 IT WAS A THEME I WAS WORKING ON SORRY

Teaser Pic #1

th_48515_Appearance_Options1.JPG

Click For Larger Image

Teaser Pic #2

th_48519_Appearance_Options2.JPG

Click For Larger Image

Teaser Pic #3

th_48524_Appearance_Options3.JPG

Click For Larger Image

Teaser Pic #4

th_48529_Appearance_Options4.JPG

Click For Larger Image

Teaser Pic #5

th_48533_Appearance_Options5.JPG

Click For Larger Image

NO THIS IS NOT SCREEN SHOTS FROM WPI 5.0 IT WAS A THEME I WAS WORKING ON SORRY

Sorry this was never finish for a public release but I had a few thing happen in my life and just had to drop the ball on it. Sorry to all of people that were waiting on this addition but maybe with someones help (Talking to you mritter) this can become a reality.

Let me know if you want my old files from what I was working on mritter just personal message me and tell me where to send it.

Edited by almulder

Thank you Kel.

I still run WPI through the WPI.cmd, because while WPI gets started, Windows should not stop loading.

Can it be done, that Windows does not wait for WPI to quit, even if I call it per RunOnceEx? Because at the moment, I use "start WPI.hta" in my batchfile. So Windows just calls WPI up and continues starting the dektop.

Edited by Dynaletik

Here is a small list of changes that could be made.

1) Options tabs = changed to Color tabs, similar to the ones used by windows. And make selected tab darker to show it is the current tab. (With graphics)

- DONE - almulder

2) Timer = When the timer is stopped hide timer and replace it with words “Timer Manually Stopped”

3) Timer Progress Bar = don’t have the image shrink, instead have it move

similar to the progress bar like the one used for the installer, just backwards

4) WPI.HTM = Var the theme path within the wpi.htm somehow make the path to the theme dir a variable that’s loaded upon startup. For the file direction pointing within the wpi.htm theme file. This would make only one wip.htm file instead of several, or have several layouts options that could work with all themes.

- DONE - almulder

5) Installer = if any install was unsuccessful error box with details pop up, and must click to continue. Not auto close

6) Installer = make install list scrollable.

7) Installer = show how mush disk space used for that install.

8) Installer = show how mush disk space is left

- DONE - mritter

9) Installer = make a log file of what was done.

10) Installer = Show the category in bold in the list, separated by a blank space at the end of each category installing (only when installing by category)

11) WPI = Show Estimated Disk Space Required within WPI before installing. Updating it with each program selected.

12) WPI = Show Total disk space available on hard drive..

13) WPI = Finish the appearance wizard, and add options to accommodate the new features in WPI 5.0

14) Options = Make options background non transparent. Makes it hard to read at times

with the see through look to the back ground. Don’t need to see the background on options screen, and same thing with config screen. (With Graphics)

- DONE - almulder

15) Rename config tab to Install List.

16) Fix the Previous and Next buttons on programs list. Make them the same location every time. Not jump around like the do now. Also make an option of text or button for them

17) Check boxes = forced installs always check even with “Selection None” selected.

18) Forced installs = should only install if install is clicked, not when exit is clicked.

19) Exit = should be changed to Cancel Install and not do start to do forced installs

20) Install order = Checks for duplicate install number, automaticaly enter next install number when new program is entered.

edited:

21) Theme Selection = Have a preview of each theme show in a box on the side.

- DONE - mritter & almulder

Edited by almulder

Thank you Kel.

I still run WPI through the WPI.cmd, because while WPI gets started, Windows should not stop loading.

Can it be done, that Windows does not wait for WPI to quit, even if I call it per RunOnceEx? Because at the moment, I use "start WPI.hta" in my batchfile. So Windows just calls WPI up and continues starting the dektop.

I'm also still running WPI through the WPI.cmd, but not for the same reason (actually, I want windows to wait for RunOnceEx to finish! so please, leave it as an option, one way or another).

My reason is that I want to be able to run WPI with different config.js files, depending on the computer, the user, or Shiva knows what.

AFAIK, unlike other post-installers, WPI cannot accept a Programs List (config.js) path as an argument on the command line.

So I have it as an argument to WPI.cmd, which copy the file to the WPIScripts folder before running WPI.hta (see attachment).

The command in RunOnceEx is then similar to:

"Z:\Post-Installers\WPI_5x\WPI.cmd" "D:\install\Applications\Djé-config.js"

Now if WPI.hta could accept this kind of argument and do the job itself... that would be cool.

PS: since those different config.js files may require different matching useroptions.js, I found a trick which dispense me of copying this other file as well:

I reassign the necessary options' variables at the top of config.js.

It works great! So don't change anything :D

WPI.cmd

almulder said in a previous post something about a disk space indicator. So, I thought that if a user wants (and I'm sure many will) to fill in a special field (space occupied on disk when installed), than we can have a progressbar for each program. The idea is very simple (reading space left and comparing it to the entry's field value), and it is not such a good idea to make the user input it manually, but I'd like to know what you guys think about this. Of course the occupied space on disk can be computed using a "test" install and comparing the initial and final disk space left after each entry's install.

Of Couse for me Yes please. And that was my thought on getting the info needed, just dont know how to do it or I would do it myself.

So thank you in advance.

Edited by almulder