Copying Protective DVD Movies

Nerwin

dvdshrink is a good program but is not developing anymore....and i had problems with the new dvds.

anydvd is a very good program to bypass all protection known. so go for anydvd.....

I used DVD Decrypter. there's lot of (unuseful) options, but it allow a "single click backup" of any dvd to your hard drive.

VERY useful when your cheap DVD drive is noisy...

About the legit question, new (french) laws says that bypassing DRMs (even in the "noisy drive" case) or providing ways to do so is not legit.

French readers : you've been warned.

Others : i advise you not to come here with your notebook full of DVD backup ; even if you bought your DVDs, even if you only wanted to watch them in the flight... (hopefully, there's cinemas :lol: )

I use anyDVD to bypass the protections and DVD Shrink to remove everything but the video, audio. I also remove the beginning / end credits.

Edited by Jeremy

Nero Recode works for me. What? It wont copy protected media you say? Check out dvd43.com - this little program sits in your system tray and lies to any programs that access your DVD Drive that the media is unprotected. Works great for me.

/you didn't hear this from me...

ok i have the DVD Image but how can i copy this 7.3 DVD Image onto a 4.7 GIG DVDR?

I tried DVD Shrink that did not work just came up with a error.

Any other programs?

ok i have the DVD Image but how can i copy this 7.3 DVD Image onto a 4.7 GIG DVDR?
You need dual-layer disks and burner. Singleside/singlelayer DVDs only hold 4.7Gb.
ok i just copyed my dvd and it plays on my computer but not on my Home DVD Player
Does the DVD player have the ability to read from DVD±R media? It could also be because you're missing the second half of the data!