HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Executables found in HFSVCPACK will be installed without switches so this folder is best used for silent/switchless installers; "normal" executables can also be placed in this folder but then you'll have to follow their installation wizard during Windows setup.
been brave enough ... been doing this all along ... if it's not switchless, indeed at T-13 all prompts come up (NOTE: for those who try this too ... more suited for XP ... & don't reboot when prompted :) ) thanks TC for making this official! Edited by Kiki Burgh

I have made at least three posts in this exact forum linking to RogueSpear's .NET 2.0 installer. Please search more closely before asking.
I found that link the other day in another post on this forum -- don't remember if it was you or someone else. But just like the other one, I get a page with a login box. So I went to that forum's main page and did a search for "framework" and for "net", neither of which got me what I was looking for. So I suppose it isn't located in a thread of its own. I also went to the root URL (main site) and couldn't find it there either.

I have made at least three posts in this exact forum linking to RogueSpear's .NET 2.0 installer. Please search more closely before asking.
I found that link the other day in another post on this forum -- don't remember if it was you or someone else. But just like the other one, I get a page with a login box. So I went to that forum's main page and did a search for "framework" and for "net", neither of which got me what I was looking for. So I suppose it isn't located in a thread of its own. I also went to the root URL (main site) and couldn't find it there either.

Yes, I have had the same problem... but I have made by myself a silent installer for both 1.1 and 2.0 net framework, I'll post the instructions below (found on RyanVM site), so you can create a web page on your site (so nobody ask you for net framework problem :) ).

I have only an issue, if I install net framework 2.0 language pack at T-13 (1.1 net framework works at T-13, but 2.0 doesn't.. bah), when I search for update with Windows update, it tell me that it isn't installed. So this is my question: there is a way, in hfslip directory, to install this language pack at first logon like "RunOnceEx.cmd" (http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/59/) do?

These are the instructions I have found, can you add these instructions to your website?

.NET framework v1.1 SP1

.NET framework v2.0 SP1

------------------------------ from svcpack mode.

What you need

----------

1- goto microsoft.com, download & rename in dotnetfx1.exe

2- goto microsoft.com and download NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe

3- goto microsoft.com and download NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe

4(optional)- goto microsoft.com, choose your language, download & rename in langpack1.exe

5- goto microsoft.com, download & rename in dotnetfx2.exe

6- goto microsoft.com and download NDP20-KB917283-X86.exe

7- goto microsoft.com and download NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe

8- goto msfn site and download sleep.zip

9- You need Winrar

FOLDERS

----------------------

10- create folder in Partition c: call it netfx.

11- create 3 subfolder in netfx call them fx1, fx2 and temp.

.NET framework v1.1

----------------------

12- run "dotnetfx1.exe" with the "/C" switch for extracting the contents to C:\netfx\temp folder.

13- run "NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe" with the "/XP" switch, a dialog box asking you where to save the MSP file, extract it to C:\netfx\temp folder.

14- run "NDP1.1sp1-KB886903-X86.exe" with the "/XP" switch, a dialog box asking you where to save the MSP file, extract it to C:\netfx\temp folder.

15- open your command prompt and type these instructions:

A-- msiexec /a C:\netfx\temp\netfx.msi TARGETDIR="C:\netfx\fx1"
NOTE: You MUST wait until a dialog box show that the installation is complete!
B-- msiexec /p C:\netfx\temp\S867460.msp /a C:\netfx\fx1\netfx.msi
C-- msiexec /p C:\netfx\temp\M886903.msp /a C:\netfx\fx1\netfx.msi

16(optional)- Extract the contents of language1.exe with the "/C" switch, a dialog box asking you where to save the files, extract them to C:\netfx\fx1\language

And Now

---------

You have the updated pack for 1.1 net framework in C:\netfx\fx1, delete all the contents in C:\netfx\temp, because we need a clean temp directory for integrate the hotfix for 2.0 net framework.

.NET framework v2.0

----------------------

17- run "dotnetfx2.exe" with the "/C" switch for extracting the contents to C:\netfx\temp folder.

18- run "NDP20-KB917283-X86.exe" with the "/EXTRACT" switch, a dialog box asking you where to save the MSP file, extract it to C:\netfx\temp folder.

19- run "NDP20-KB922770-X86.exe" with the "/EXTRACT" switch, a dialog box asking you where to save the MSP file, extract it to C:\netfx\temp folder.

20- open your command prompt and type these instructions:

A-- msiexec /a C:\netfx\temp\netfx.msi TARGETDIR="c:\netfx\fx2"
B-- msiexec /p C:\netfx\temp\NDP20-KB917283-X86.msp /a C:\netfx\fx2\netfx.msi
C-- msiexec /p C:\netfx\temp\NDP20-KB922770-X86.msp /a C:\netfx\fx2\netfx.msi

And Now

---------

You have the updated pack for 1.1 net framework in C:\netfx\fx1, and 2.0 net framework in C:\netfx\fx2.

Delete the directory C:\netfx\temp with all inside contents, we don't need it at all.

Finalising

-------------

21- EXTRACT sleep.zip to directory c:\netfx\

22- Create a file named "inst.bat" and paste this code, NOTE: There is a line for 1.1 language pack that can be removed.

@ECHO off
IF EXIST %SystemRoot%\system32\cmdow.exe cmdow @ /HID

ECHO NET Framework 1.1 sp1
ECHO ------------------------

START/WAIT %SystemRoot%\system32\netfx\fx1\netfx.msi /quiet /norestart

REM ###The line below is optional###
START/WAIT %SystemRoot%\system32\netfx\fx1\language\inst.exe /qb

%SystemRoot%\system32\netfx\sleep.exe 10

ECHO NET Framework 2.0 sp1

REG DELETE HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
START/WAIT %SystemRoot%\system32\netfx\fx2\netfx.msi ADDEPLOY=1 /quiet /norestart
%SystemRoot%\system32\netfx\sleep.exe 5
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup /v SystemSetupInProgress /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\PCHealth\ErrorReporting\DW\Installed /v DW0200 /t REG_SZ /d C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\DW\DW20.EXE /f

ECHO Delete Temp Files

RD %SystemRoot%\system32\netfx /S /Q

EXIT

23- now you have in directory c:\netfx 2 folders and 2 files ( fx1,fx2,sleep.exe,inst.bat )

24- to do the rest you MUST have Winrar

25- add this "fx1 - fx2 - sleep.exe - inst.bat" to archive

26- in general select creat sfx archive

27- in advanced select sfx option

A-- PATH TO EXTRACT ENTER %SystemRoot%\system32\netfx

B-- RUN AFTER EXTRACTION %SystemRoot%\system32\netfx\inst.bat

C-- goto modes select 1- hide all 2- overwrite all files

<<THE CODE WILL BE LIKE>>

----------------------------------------------------------

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%SystemRoot%\system32\netfx

SavePath

Setup=%SystemRoot%\system32\netfx\z.bat

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

----------------------------------------------------------

D-- Hit OK and a sfx file will create, rename it to netfx.exe

Now you can add the file netfx.exe to HFSLIP\HFSVCPACK, for installing net framework contents!!!

Thanks to RyanVM site and his original poster Black Hawk for the instructions :D

Edited by S3pHiroTh

Thanks for providing those instructions, but it would be more appropriate to link to them than to copy them onto the website.

@Tomcat, like Yzöwl noted, it is necessary to register on RogueSpear's forums. I don't really see what the concern is. The files are located in the linked forum under the thread "RogueSpear's Runtime Collection".

Thanks for providing those instructions, but it would be more appropriate to link to them than to copy them onto the website.

@Tomcat, like Yzöwl noted, it is necessary to register on RogueSpear's forums. I don't really see what the concern is. The files are located in the linked forum under the thread "RogueSpear's Runtime Collection".

The instructions on RyanVM site aren't update and there are some instructions not included, that I have included, so is better to post my modified istructions than a link!!!

Edited by S3pHiroTh

..... So this is my question: there is a way, in hfslip directory, to install this language pack at first logon like "RunOnceEx.cmd" (http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/59/) do?

Yes, you can create a cmd file and place it into the HFSVCPACK folder. HFSLIP will parse the CMD file at T-13. You can also place REG and INF files in the same folder and HFSLIP will parse them at T-13 too. Hope this helps.

..... So this is my question: there is a way, in hfslip directory, to install this language pack at first logon like "RunOnceEx.cmd" (http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/59/) do?

Yes, you can create a cmd file and place it into the HFSVCPACK folder. HFSLIP will parse the CMD file at T-13. You can also place REG and INF files in the same folder and HFSLIP will parse them at T-13 too. Hope this helps.

Hi, it's me.... again.... :sneaky:

I have tried the way that you tell me, but this way doesn't work. When Windows does the first logon, the window "Install Applications" doesn't show. The window that I mean is like this:

post-109382-1168814446_thumb.png

Mmmmhhhh.... I think that some line code or some hotfix/application, broke my "RunOnceEx.cmd" command. Anybody have this problem too?

@S3pHiroTh

I don't intend to add this to the site but I'm in the process of making a script for this (more simple than the other one) with support for .NET 2.0 too. I did screw up my main working system while doing so; I can't uninstall, reinstall or repair install any version of .NET anymore. I even had to do a repair install of Windows (after fixing the "system32\config\system is corrupt or missing" error) because I manually removed (too much) stuff from the registry. I think it was because I combined the admin install folders for .NET 2.0 and a language pack; some of their setup files have identical names.

A test install in a VM with .NET 2.0 failed for me too but that was because I forgot to include the ADDEPLOY=1 variable in the install command. I didn't get around to testing further because of the issues with my main working system.

@Tomcat, like Yzöwl noted, it is necessary to register on RogueSpear's forums. I don't really see what the concern is.
Well... There's no concern. It's just that when I saw that the forum was freely accessible and that I could even do a search, I figured the linked post or thread was just removed. I didn't think of the possibility a part of the forum requires registration.

I have seen that now, with this latest version of hfslip and the new script for net packages, windows installs correctly except for:

I use winnt.sif file for silent installation, when windows start for the first time, classic theme is loaded instead of XP theme, but in my winnt.sif isn't deactived XP theme

Another question is:

When I slipstream WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe, in "start->all programs" doesn't show the link for "microsoft update", there is a way to delete "Windows Update" and install "Microsoft Update" link?

These are not big problem, but I want, if it is possible, to install Windows "correctly". Thanks for your scripts Tomcat :):thumbup

HFSLIP.TXT

Edited by S3pHiroTh

WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe is not the Microsoft Update Agent. That's just for Windows Update. If you want Microsoft Update, that's a separate file, MUWEB_SITE.cab, which belongs in HFCABS. Check Tomcat's hotfix list for the link.

If you do plan to slipstream MUWEB, keep in mind that you can't change the link unless you create your own CMD file or switchless "installer." On the same token, simply slipstreaming it won't cause WU to recognize the DLL. Instead, you must import something else, which I've attached here (place this in HFSVCPACK).

If you do decide to create something to modify the link for you, it obviously won't work unless...

(1) You slipstream the right things (both WindowsUpdateAgent20-x86.exe and MUWEB_SITE.cab), and

(2) You include the file I attached.

If you don't follow (1) and/or (2), clicking on any WU link, modified or not, will redirect you back to the Windows Update page.

Edited by Super-Magician