HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

... here are some screenshots:post-84520-1172472739_thumb.jpg

these came up until hfslp103.inf

post-84520-1172472785_thumb.jpg

along with these were: wmadmod.dl_, wmsdmod.dl_, wmspdmod.dl_ & wmvdmod.dl_

hi guys! just an update using test rel 70226a ... still the same probs as i posted above: could not locate .inf file --- hfslp101.inf until hfslp103.inf ... & the prompts to overwrite newer files: qasf.dl_, wmadmod.dl_, wmsdmod.dl_, wmspdmod.dl_ & wmvdmod.dl_ ... attached some files from that run ... btw, still tried rick's sidebar [together with other required files: vaioxp, fonts (thanks to ricktendo64 --- he created a ver specifically for HFSLIP users:
ricktendo64"]Updated fonts addon for HFSLIP users to v1.2 Download

Changed from ExtraFileEdits to seperate INF to install the Fonts RegEntries (Tell me if its now compatible with HFSLIP ...)

wlan, dotnet3] & i think they got slipstreamed fine but still didn't launch ... had to test slipstreaming it via nLite to see if it'd work & it did ... would it have anything to do with order of install or could there be any other process that allows nLite to support such addon? without the last issue though i'm pleased with my build ... except only for the previous issues posted above ... thanks!

HFSLIP_70226a.7z

Edited by Kiki Burgh

The problem is brought up while setting it up.

Ie4unit.exe puts out the error dialog and it stops. The error dialog comes out again by T-13 though it advances previously when OK is pushed. It seems to be generated an error while processing INF file. When OK is pushed, IE cannot even here be used because there is no IE in the start menu even if OOBE doesn't start, and it becomes a desktop screen after the setup is completed though the setup continues.

This problem occurs regardless of whether to integrate IE7. It is not possible to specify it though it doesn't know whether the problem occurs if which hotfix is included though thought that there is a problem in hotfix included in the HF folder.

Does the same symptom happen, and was nobody able to solve safely?

HFSLIP.zip

The cause turned out.

Together caused by having put it in advpack.dll though the run time of VB6 is put in the HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32 folder, and Regsvr32 was done with T-13. the folder

When Advpack.dll was deleted from the HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32 folder, it came to operate normally.

However, OOBE is not executed after all, and it crashes when it starts starting IE.

Edited by 450

[snip]

- files in HF with "directx" in their name are blocked

[snip]

Problem with this method. 2 public hotfixes, KB872901 and KB836880 have a prefix directx9-kb. Those are hotfixes, which should go in HFSLIP. Is there anyway you could work around this, maybe making an extension for files named directx?-kb*.exe? Other than this, there appears to be no problems with the latest test release.

the_guy

@450

You can start by removing the following:

IE7-KB928089-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe (superseded by IE7-KB928090)

StepByStepInteractiveTraining-KB923723-x86-JPN.exe (update for StepByStep program which is not part of Windows)

WindowsXP-KB928090-x86-JPN.exe (for IE6 only; this breaks slipstreaming of IE7)

WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-JPN.exe (for IE6 only; this breaks slipstreaming of IE7)

WindowsXP-Windows2000-Script56-KB917344-x86-jpn.exe (not needed for IE7)

wmpcdcs8.exe (not for XP SP2)

wmp6cdcs.EXE (not for XP SP2)

messenger.msi (not supported when in HF; should be in HFSVCPACK_SW or in HFGUIRUNONCE)

Apr2006_MDX1_x86.cab (ignored)

Apr2006_MDX1_x86_Archive.cab (ignored)

BDA.cab (ignored / for Windows 98)

BDANT.cab (ignored / for Windows 2000)

BDAXP.cab (not for XP SP2 / can break DirectX9 on XP SP2)

dxnt.cab (not for XP SP2 / can break DirectX9 on XP SP2)

wusetup.cab (ignored)

What is ZP81UPDW.EXE?

You have a lot of other hotfixes in your HF folder. Chances are big there may be some that are not supported.

Edited by Tomcat76

[snip]

- files in HF with "directx" in their name are blocked

[snip]

Problem with this method. 2 public hotfixes, KB872901 and KB836880 have a prefix directx9-kb. Those are hotfixes, which should go in HFSLIP. Is there anyway you could work around this, maybe making an extension for files named directx?-kb*.exe? Other than this, there appears to be no problems with the latest test release.

the_guy

I think that Microsoft has integrated those hotfix in the latest pack of directx, so isn't necessary to install. I haven't them in my hf folder, and WU doesn't tell me to install them.

just an update using test rel 70226a ... still the same probs as i posted above: could not locate .inf file --- hfslp101.inf until hfslp103.inf ...
That's strange. They exist (otherwise you wouldn't be able to give them). Can you check that they are still present on the new CD?
& the prompts to overwrite newer files: qasf.dl_, wmadmod.dl_, wmsdmod.dl_, wmspdmod.dl_ & wmvdmod.dl_
Well, look... Those files are part of WMP11 which you are slipstreaming. I suppose the codecs package you use is not up-to-date.
btw, still tried rick's sidebar & i think they got slipstreamed fine but still didn't launch ... had to test slipstreaming it via nLite to see if it'd work & it did ...
If any of the files you include in HFSVCPACK cause Windows setup to reboot internally, the GUI stuff will be installed at T-13 (which may fail).

2 public hotfixes, KB872901 and KB836880 have a prefix directx9-kb. Those are hotfixes, which should go in HFSLIP. Is there anyway you could work around this, maybe making an extension for files named directx?-kb*.exe? Other than this, there appears to be no problems with the latest test release.

the_guy

I think that Microsoft has integrated those hotfix in the latest pack of directx, so isn't necessary to install. I haven't them in my hf folder, and WU doesn't tell me to install them.

KB836880 is superseded for sure:

qdvd.dll - KB836880 - version 6.5.1.903 - date 20-Feb-2004

qdvd.dll - dxnt.cab - version 6.5.1.904 - date 8/9-Jul-2004

I'm not sure about KB872901:

qdv.dll - KB872901 - version 6.5.1.904 - date 14-Jul-2004 - size 264 KB

qdv.dll - dxnt.cab - version 6.5.1.904 - date 8/9-Jul-2004 - size 309 KB

Don't you just love how Microsoft decides on version numbers? :)

Edit...

The answer lies in the KB articles...

KB836880:

APPLIES TO: Microsoft DirectX 9.0b, when used with Microsoft Windows 2000 Standard Edition

(We all know what "Standard Edition" means :))

KB872901:

APPLIES TO: Microsoft DirectX 9.1 Software Development Kit Update

Neither is for DirectX 9.0c.

Edited by Tomcat76

@450

You can start by removing the following:

snip.

What is ZP81UPDW.EXE?

Thank you.

I want to try immediately.

ZIP81DW.EXE updates the part of the ZIP code used in Japan among dictionaries of MS-IME.

Moreover, because integration had seemed to be done correctly about messenger.msi as long as it tried at hand, it was included it as it was.

i'm curious about KB917344 not being needed with IE7. since the old scripting files don't get deleted after slipstreaming IE7 (i checked) and unless they are internally disabled in some mysterious way, don't they exist in unpatched/vulnerable form just waiting to be exploited online if you remove the patch as well?

thanks for the comments TC!

just an update using test rel 70226a ... still the same probs as i posted above: could not locate .inf file --- hfslp101.inf until hfslp103.inf ...
That's strange. They exist (otherwise you wouldn't be able to give them). Can you check that they are still present on the new CD?
yup, these prompts still come up ... i got the attached files from SOURCESS
& the prompts to overwrite newer files: qasf.dl_, wmadmod.dl_, wmsdmod.dl_, wmspdmod.dl_ & wmvdmod.dl_
Well, look... Those files are part of WMP11 which you are slipstreaming. I suppose the codecs package you use is not up-to-date.
i'm using the latest MSFN codec pack v3.1 as may be seen in my HFSVCPACK dir ;)
btw, still tried rick's sidebar & i think they got slipstreamed fine but still didn't launch ... had to test slipstreaming it via nLite to see if it'd work & it did ...
If any of the files you include in HFSVCPACK cause Windows setup to reboot internally, the GUI stuff will be installed at T-13 (which may fail).
i'm not aware of any internal reboot (how do i see this?) ... all related files for this reside in HFAAO ... i'll try again with the latest test rel 70303a