HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

yup, these prompts still come up ... i got the attached files from SOURCESS
I mean: are HFSLP101~103.INF still present on the CD from which you install?
i'm using the latest MSFN codec pack v3.1 as may be seen in my HFSVCPACK dir ;)
That codec package contains the WM10 versions of the files you mentioned so it isn't compatible with a WMP11 slipstream.
i'm not aware of any internal reboot (how do i see this?) ... all related files for this reside in HFAAO ... i'll try again with the latest test rel 70303a
Well... If you have DNF30.EXE in HFGUIRUNONCE, you can easily find out if something went wrong by checking if the WebClient Service is working properly: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Based on my testing, the WebClient service will fail to start if .NET 3.0 is installed at T-13.
Updated "known issues" list for IE7 slipstreaming: PNG transparency doesn't work. --> showstopper
:( What exactly does this mean for us?
I don't know yet. I changed a few things and did some tests but so far had no success. A search on the Internet didn't come up with anything useful either. I prefer to have this fixed before the next final, of course. Edited by Tomcat76

yup, these prompts still come up ... i got the attached files from SOURCESS
I mean: are HFSLP101~103.INF still present on the CD from which you install?
hi TC! if i understood this correctly ... as SOURCESS was technically my ISO, yes this prompt (+ 101.inf & 102.inf) came up during install ...
i'm not aware of any internal reboot (how do i see this?) ... all related files for this reside in HFAAO ... i'll try again with the latest test rel 70303a
Well... If you have DNF30.EXE in HFGUIRUNONCE, you can easily find out if something went wrong by checking if the WebClient Service is working properly: Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Based on my testing, the WebClient service will fail to start if .NET 3.0 is installed at T-13.
attached are some screenshots ... thanks!

post-84520-1173037353_thumb.jpgpost-84520-1173037433_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kiki Burgh

if i understood this correctly ... as SOURCESS was technically my ISO, yes this prompt (+ 101.inf & 102.inf) came up during install ...
No... Are the files physically present on the CD from which you installed your HFSLIPped copy of Windows? Open the CD, go in the I386 folder and see if hfslp101.inf through hfslp103.inf are in it.
Seems OK. For DNF30.exe, you should've seen the installation dialogs pass by (Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation). If you've seen these, was that at T-13 or at first GUI logon?

WindowsXP-KB928090-x86-JPN.exe (for IE6 only; this breaks slipstreaming of IE7)

WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-JPN.exe (for IE6 only; this breaks slipstreaming of IE7)

These two hotfix was deleted, there was not an error on the way, either the setup of Windows was completed, and it came to be able to use IE7.

Thank you really.

However, when desktop is displayed why, it is Windows classic theme.

I will look for this cause later again though it is not especially harmful because it is possible

to change to Luna.

When slipstreaming WMP11, you need WindowsXP-KB898543-v3-x86-ENU.exe in the HF folder as explained here. MSOOBE will be broken if you don't.

With KB898543, you will see the text "Please wait..." below the big Windows logo after the final reboot of Windows setup, but it's only once. MSOOBE is fixed and that is the important thing. If you want the Japanese text to be displayed, you need to contact Microsoft by phone because KB898543 is not public for non-English languages.

if i understood this correctly ... as SOURCESS was technically my ISO, yes this prompt (+ 101.inf & 102.inf) came up during install ...
No... Are the files physically present on the CD from which you installed your HFSLIPped copy of Windows? Open the CD, go in the I386 folder and see if hfslp101.inf through hfslp103.inf are in it.
hi TC! became much worse this time ... still the same prompts for hfslp101.inf until hfslip103.inf ... then it continued on from hfslp200.inf until hfslp365.inf ... presumably all hfslp###.infs :( ... i've attached some files that might be useful from this run) ... checking i386 folders though in the cd shows all hfslp###.infs present

post-84520-1173066543_thumb.jpgpost-84520-1173066580_thumb.jpg

Seems OK. For DNF30.exe, you should've seen the installation dialogs pass by (Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation). If you've seen these, was that at T-13 or at first GUI logon?
these all came up after window to register ...

Has someone an issue with svchost.exe service? Mine, at startup and sometimes when I use pc, takes 100% CPU usage.

This is not an HFSLIP issue. There was a non-critical MSFT update for 100% svchost.exe probs. Sorry I don't a link or the KB number, but it was mentioned a few weeks ago on some MSFN board.

Has someone an issue with svchost.exe service? Mine, at startup and sometimes when I use pc, takes 100% CPU usage.

This is not an HFSLIP issue. There was a non-critical MSFT update for 100% svchost.exe probs. Sorry I don't a link or the KB number, but it was mentioned a few weeks ago on some MSFN board.

I have searched on the forum and, I discovered that, maybe, its depends on Windows Update/Microsoft Update, and the guilty probably is msi.dll library. With the patch KB927891, as Microsoft said, resolve this issue, but the file for Windows XP (as described in the hotfix knowledge) is called msi31.dll, not msi.dll.

After I have slipstreamed that patch in my source, with hfslip, that file (msi31.dll) doesn't exist, but there is a version of msi.dll that is the same of the "patched" msi31.dll.

Does hfslip rename that file to msi.dll?

P.s. Office Template and Media Control is updated.

Edited by S3pHiroTh

When WMP11 is integrated in slipstreams, the phenomenon of OOBE's breaking is recognized, and solved by integrating WindowsXP-KB894871-x86-JPN.exe.
:)
With the patch KB927891, as Microsoft said, resolve this issue, but the file for Windows XP (as described in the hotfix knowledge) is called msi31.dll, not msi.dll.

After I have slipstreamed that patch in my source, with hfslip, that file (msi31.dll) doesn't exist, but there is a version of msi.dll that is the same of the "patched" msi31.dll.

Does hfslip rename that file to msi.dll?

The last few test releases rename that file (as mentioned in the changelog). It's supposed to happen. From the INF file:
[MSI31.System32.files]
msi.dll,SP2QFE\msi31.dll

became much worse this time ... still the same prompts for hfslp101.inf until hfslip103.inf ... then it continued on from hfslp200.inf until hfslp365.inf ... presumably all hfslp###.infs :( ... i've attached some files that might be useful from this run) ... checking i386 folders though in the cd shows all hfslp###.infs present
Well... I'm lost then. All files are in the new source, TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.INF are instructing Windows setup to copy them over during txtmode copy, and HFSLIPWU.INF has the correct info to install them. I don't know what could be wrong with your set up, and especially why all of the sudden the HFSLP200~ files cannot be found by Windows setup either.
For DNF30.exe, you should've seen the installation dialogs pass by (Windows Presentation Foundation, Windows Communication Foundation and Windows Workflow Foundation). If you've seen these, was that at T-13 or at first GUI logon?
these all came up after window to register ...
OK. Did these .NET 3.0 components take a while to install?

Well... I'm lost then. All files are in the new source, TXTSETUP.SIF and DOSNET.INF are instructing Windows setup to copy them over during txtmode copy, and HFSLIPWU.INF has the correct info to install them. I don't know what could be wrong with your set up, and especially why all of the sudden the HFSLP200~ files cannot be found by Windows setup either.
OS install seems ok ... although i have no idea what possible repercussions missing almost all hfslp###.infs in my install now ... what could be its worst effects? ;( i hope we could resolve this ... thanks!
OK. Did these .NET 3.0 components take a while to install?
yes it did ... quite sometime actually ;) would this be bad?