HFSLIP - Test releases

Tomcat76

Uh... They should all be supported with HFSLIP 1.3.0. If the only requirement is .NET 1.1 then place them in HFSVCPACK_SW (along with a silent .NET 1.1 installer in HFSVCPACK). Otherwise, place them in HFGUIRUNONCE (with a silent .NET 1.1 installer in HFSVCPACK or in HFGUIRUNONCE; if in HFGUIRUNONCE, rename the files if necessary so that .NET 1.1 is installed before your MSIs -- they are handled alphabetically).

Hi Tomcat I've tested this build, I have see another error in setuperr.log, the error is this:

Impossible to register OLE control C:\Windows\System32\pngfilt.dll. Error: GetProcAddress has return error 127 (impossible to find specified procedure).

S3pHiroTh--

In that case, I can only suggest not to use the prep tool. I'll write up a warning message in that thread.

By the way... Do you still have the problem if you use merging option D, E or F with HFSLIP after using the prep tool?

Ok I have tested this again with option D selected. This log is the result.

TestD.rar

IE7 does not seem to slipstream properly...

I can't run IE after setup, even after another restart. HFSLIP.log, setuperr.log and screenshot of error dialog box included in attachment.

Can you try without KB928089 update? I haven'it and IE7 is installed properly and without error. Except for a small issue in setuperr.log

Edited by S3pHiroTh

@glentium

IE7-KB928089 is replaced by IE7-KB928090.

I want to bet money on it that this is the culprit:

IE7-KB928090-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

WindowsXP-KB928090-x86-ENU.exe

IE7-KB929969-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe

WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-ENU.exe

Don't include hotfixes for both IE6 and IE7. Use those for IE7 when slipstreaming IE7.

Yes now the files before DRIVER.CAB are been added. Thanks Tomcat :)

Another question, yesterday Microsoft has released this update:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Is it supported by hfslip or must recode something in the script?

I have slipstreamed the previous patch msxml6-KB927977-ita-x86.exe in DNF3.exe, should the script (the one for net packages) be updated?

Edited by S3pHiroTh

msxml6_x86.msi is supported by HFSLIP. It replaces msxml6-KB927977-xxx-x86.exe.

Unfortunately you'll have to rebuild DNF3.exe (assuming you made it with my tool). The problem is that the MSXML6 resource file contained in the MSXML6 SP1 package is OLDER than the one for MSXML6 "SP0". The MSXML6 binaries inside DNF3.exe are copied over if the ones in SYSTEM32 are older or non-existent, so the XML6 resource file will get downgraded to SP0 by mistake. You'll have to rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi for the .NET Maker (not necessary for HFSLIP).

By the way... You can make it easier on you by setting PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6 in the answer file for SNM to NO and only include MSXML6 with HFSLIP (or vice versa). You don't need to have those files twice.

msxml6_x86.msi is supported by HFSLIP. It replaces msxml6-KB927977-xxx-x86.exe.

Unfortunately you'll have to rebuild DNF3.exe (assuming you made it with my tool). The problem is that the MSXML6 resource file contained in the MSXML6 SP1 package is OLDER than the one for MSXML6 "SP0". The MSXML6 binaries inside DNF3.exe are copied over if the ones in SYSTEM32 are older or non-existent, so the XML6 resource file will get downgraded to SP0 by mistake. You'll have to rename msxml6_x86.msi to msxml6.msi for the .NET Maker (not necessary for HFSLIP).

By the way... You can make it easier on you by setting PROCESS_DNF3_MSXML6 in the answer file for SNM to NO and only include MSXML6 with HFSLIP (or vice versa). You don't need to have those files twice.

Ok, thanks Tomcat. I'll test all tomorrow :)

@Tomcat, that could be it. I forgot to delete those IE6 updates... Thanks!

EDIT/UPDATE:

Thanks, everything is okay now. IE7 is now slipstreamed.

Am I correct in saying that HFSLIP is the first utility to "properly" slipstream IE7. I tried nLite, exclusively for IE7, but it's giving me Windows File Protection errors, so I went back to installing IE7 as the last routine in my RunOnceEx and the hotfixes at the next restart (using AutoIt).

But now, life is much easier with HFSLIP. Job well done! :)

Edited by glentium