UT2007 - what to expect

N1K

I cant wait!! :thumbup

Likevise mate, but my hardware is probably obsolete for this game B)

Check this out

UT2007 Hardware Requirements

Reports suggest a pretty high benchmark to play the next Unreal Tournament. According to a German PC hardware magazine the minimum processor you'll need is a 2.8 GHz CPU.

Here are some of the details revealed:

Minimum:

• 2.8GHz, 512MB RAM, Geforce 6

For high detail:

• 3-4GHz, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 6800GT-Ultra or 7800GT-GTX SLI
  • Dual-core Processor use: Multi-Threading is supported and should
  • provide much better performance.
  • 64 Bit version available with better textures
  • Renderers: Shader-3.0, Fallback-Mode for Shader 2.0 maybe a DX8
  • renderer.
  • HDR: yes
  • Physics: Novodex-Physik-Engine.
  • Ageias PhysX Processor supported.

Source: Beyond Unreal

This pic has been out for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time!
Perhaps, but I haven't seen it and it looks like nobody else that has posted here has either. Ok I've seen the picture of the guy but not the comparison shot.

I use to be a die-hard Unreal fan, unfortunately I'm sick of spending a small fortune on my PC keeping it gamer friendly and haven't upgraded since 2001 (ok I upgraded 512ram to 768ram but only because my wife and I use user switching in XP). A good video card alone costs as much as a gaming console, and then you still have to worry about CPU, RAM, HD and Mobo upgrades.

I'd love to play Unreal 2007, but I don't have any plans to upgrade my PC (XP1700) unless Vista forces me to. I'm a console gamer now :(

Edited by travisowens

I'd love to play Unreal 2007, but I don't have any plans to upgrade my PC (XP1700) unless Vista forces me to. I'm a console gamer now :(

My machine will fulfil minimal requirements of Unreal Tournament 2007, but I wouldn't like to play it on low detail, seems that I'll have to buy myself a new graphic card.

I have P4 3,2 GHz HT, 1GB of Kingston HyperX DDR400 RAM, GeForce 6600 GT. The good thing is that HT will be supported and should give a better performance. ;)

Yeah it is ridiculous the amount of money one needs to spend to keep up. Consoles are great for noobs I think but not for pure gamers. Consoles dont have the element of reality too much in them. For example Ravenshield was horrible on PS2. I also like the flexibility of a keyboard/mouse combination better. Also it goes without saying PC graphics are way better. Now the Cell setup is different however, if the reviews and the rumors are true of its capabilities. That machine will remain a badass console for a looooong time.

A good video card alone costs as much as a gaming console

Actually, you can get a decent video card for 100$ if you live where i live. 256 mb vid card for 70-90$ 128mb vid card for 50-60$.

i think he is talking about the 7800gt like what i have. it will play all games on high settings and 8xAA 4xAF 1280x1024 and somehow FEAR can even go 16xAA 4xAF for me. last week i decided to try out my xbox again and wow do those graphics suck, not to mention im playing on a 20yr old tv! lol