Windows XP SP2 updates and hotfixes

Tomcat76

I've found a standalone version of WGA Notifications (KB905474) on Microsoft Download Center. I don't know if it's still offered on Windows Update, so I'd appreciate it if someone would check for me.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

This version should be extracted first. It's newer than the one currently on Tomcat's update lists.

Amazing. A hotfix wrapped in a Type 1 executable, in turn wrapped in a Type 2 executable. How original... :P

Extracting the Type 1 out of it wouldn't be enough; you'd also have to rename it.

The latest test release (70203b) supports WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86-Standalone.exe as is, so no need to extract or rename anything.

I haven't included KB905474 in a while and haven't seen it on Windows Update lately so I'd consider it "optional".

I'm sure you know Tomcat hasn't had time to update this post, Kiki. ;) Remember to always use his signature's link.
yup ... i always check on this list ... i just though that there are Tomcat twins working on regular posts ... as was said in the poll! :P he! he!

• 2 weeks later...

hi! here's what i found from MS site for Feb12 (EN):

(1) Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it.

(2) Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it.

(3) Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)

(4) Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)

(5) Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)

A security issue has been identified in Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it.

(6) Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)

(7) Security Update for Windows (KB923723)

A security issue has been identified in the Step-by-Step Interactive Training application that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it.

(8) Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)

(9) Update for Windows XP (KB931836)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Hello guys, just to be free of confusion; why was KB924496(Vulnerability in Windows Object Packager) removed from the list(web list)? Was it because it's only rated Moderate? Or was it superseded by another hotfix? (I don't use IE7).

Edited by Neo2x

hi Neo2x! 924496 were removed from TC's & the_guy's HF lists last Nov ... either it was superceded or was not hi-priority ... 'twas superced by ie7 :) ... if you don't use ie7 then you may still put it in HF

Edited by Kiki Burgh