• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Netscape
  2. 2. Which browser do you simply hate?

• Opera
    • Firefox
    • Internet Explorer
    • Netscape

use Opera since Opera 5.x and didn't want to change to other browser espicially IE (dunno with IE7 doesn't try yet)

for me Firefox is just like Opera 6 or maybe Opera 7 (sorry for Fox user, Opera have more feature than a default Fox: security,browser identify changer,voice,mouse gesture,integrate mail client,rss reader,chat room,trash bin,integrate download/transfer windows,theming,and more...)

Taken from a popular gaming website website:

MSIE: 75.13 % (544617)

Mozilla and Netscape: 15.90 % (115275)

Opera: 0.339 % (2461)

Konqueror: 0.008 % (60)

Lynx: 0 % (0)

Search engines: 8.371 % (60686)

Unknown: 0.244 % (1772)

Taken from phpnuke.org:

Browsers

MSIE: 68.41 % (99183134)

FireFox: 4.970 % (7204829)

Netscape: 14.05 % (20374204)

Opera: 0.495 % (718870)

Konqueror: 0.397 % (575611)

Lynx: 0.165 % (239236)

Search Engines: 4.015 % (5821709)

Unknown: 7.484 % (10850047)

Has anyone else got stats they can show? just out of curiosity...

Edited by Maleko

I voted for Firefox and hate Netscape but I'm talking about the very old Netscape. A picture I saw recently of the new version looks OK. You also did not say if it's IE6 or IE7 (beta1) or (beta2) or March, 20 REFRESH of IE you are listing.

I am mostly using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.1) Gecko/20060111 Firefox/1.5.0.1 as my main browser because of the useful extensions I have. It's also tuned, and has site ads script blocker.

Just download and am using HERE NOW Internet Explorer 7.0.5335.5 (Beta 2) March 20, 2006 REFRESH.

"Hey, we waited too long for a browser release," Gates said during his

keynote address at MIX 06. "We will be able to [release]a browser

much faster than the typical major Windows release cycle. We're already

working on the next two releases. And so you can expect to see us

moving very, very rapidly there because we see great opportunities ...

the key point I want to make is that IE 7 is not the end of the line."

You surely did Bill. We have everthing to thank Firefox for, but the majority of people will always use Internet Explorer. Firefox works well for me on everything, except my blog (now stopping) at

http://www.dongle.bigblog.com.au/blog.do

and look up 'dongle' before you censor me like Bigpond tried. :blink:

The EDIT for the blog pops up a window and is perfect except, at the bottom there is NO 'cancel' and 'save & publish' BUTTONS. Very strange. And I can't get Mozzie to look at it because only I can be logged in.

Firefox = Media babydoll

Opera = True Powerhouse

After being a part of the firefox craze for some months and now Opera for more than the firefox period , i agree and feel the same way to the fullest of its meaning!!!!

Wov guyz , Opera seems to be getting better and better with each release!!!!!

The widgets have been improved and so many other new features!!!!

My love for Opera is increasing friday after friday :wub:

As a friend , i ask all the firefox and IE users to use Opera once.

Not just use , to use the features like site specefic preferences , user java scripts , mouse and voice gestures atlease once.

I think you would be in for a surprize :)

Edited by alsiladka

This was a sticky before. There was also a Sticky for the best registry cleaner at one point, but that didn't stop users from creating a dozen threads on that, did it? Search MSFN for "registry cleaner" and see how many show up.

This was a sticky before. There was also a Sticky for the best registry cleaner at one point, but that didn't stop users from creating a dozen threads on that, did it? Search MSFN for "registry cleaner" and see how many show up.
I guess your right, :lol: Edited by wolf74481

This was a sticky before.
Actually , i do not remember it being sticky ever !! Forgive me if i missed it , but the previous sticky threads did not include one on browser!!
this should be pinned, i'm getting quite sick of....

1. not knowing which page this is located on

Bookmark it :)

FirefoxMyths.gif

Got the link from the signature of one of our members , :blushing: not able to search who it was.

Some really startling facts over there , for me atleast , if not startling then atleast not what i used to think before :blink:

Legal Notice - Reproduction of this page in whole or in part is strictly forbidden.

Seeing this i did not mention some of the exiting realities mentioned over there , but i certainly request you people to have a look at it.

I am not posting it over here for reasons like i hate firefox or like that , no , even i have been a firefox user at one time , but i just though you should know what the myths we believe in and what are the realities :whistle: