A Tribute

RogueSpear

I'm about to go bed. It's probably the last time I will go to bed and still have my best friend with me. I got JP almost 18 years ago from a friend of mine who could no longer own a cat. An orange and white tabby with a little bit of attitude but a large warm heart, he could often be mistaken for a dog the way he always wanted to be by my side. He saw me grow up. He was always there to make me feel better during times heartbreak and sadness. He's without question the best friend I've ever had. Kidney disease and an over active thyroid have taken their toll and he just doesn't have the fight left in him to win that battle anymore. I'd give him one of my own kidneys if I could. Wouldn't even have to think about it.

I love you buddy, and I'm going to miss you.

post-31429-1133323393_thumb.jpg

Sorry to here this. It reminds me of my dog I lost last year.

I had Toby for 15 years. He got parvo as a puppy. I would give him 5 cc of gatorade every 30 minutes. I almost lost him then. He won the battle with parvo and was my constant companion and protector for 15 years. At 14 pounds 1/2 poodle and 1/2 beagle he was more dog tah other dogs 10 times his size.

He knew my moods and would cheer me up when blue and share in my good times.

He died to kidney failure last year and I still miss him.

It will be hard for you to loose a loved one. Nothing I or anyone else can say to ease the pain. I am sorry you lost your friend.

Pets are the ones who we often overlook as being others closest companions. I've had my cat for about 13 years now, and I can't imagine the day that he won't be there.

Remember all the good things that came out of your friendship, and lever let that memory fade. :)

*big hug*

JP is one beautiful cat! I almost can't believe he's already 18 years old: I've never seen a cat growing THAT old! Be grateful he was able to spend such a long time on your side and remember the beautiful moments you had with him! ;):)

A few years ago, I finally was allowed to get a cat. I got him from the moment he was about 3 weeks old (yes, that's a bit too soon). He was like... 15cm in length. Soooo tiny! I named him Zombie. :) I took care of him. After I had Zombie for about 9 months, he vanished, to never return again... :'(

Thank you all for the kind words. JP is in heaven now, much more comfortable and happy than he was for the last few days. My wife and I both appreciate everything you all said. It's been a tough time, but I know it will get better.

I love kittens/cats. A few years ago I used to have this black and white kitten, who I thought was the most adorable thing I'd ever seen in my life. I named him "Baby Kitty" because he was the runt of a litter. He was all grown up but still looked just like a kitten. One day I let him out of my basement-bedroom window to go outside... and he never came back. I still cry today when I think about how cute he was, and when he used to sleep between my legs (no perverted thoughts please) when I went to bed, his cute "meow" and constant rambunctiousness.

I'll always miss him.

Ohhh OhhH!! I remembered I have a videoclip of him and his step-brother fighting, and a few of just him. Check out the cute pics (and especially the ones of the fight.)

snapshot200512010249345su.jpg

snapshot200512010249431jr.jpg

snapshot200512010249558ti.jpg

snapshot200512010250065vj.jpg

snapshot200512010250362iv.jpg

snapshot200512010250483ax.jpg

snapshot200512010250550hx.jpg

snapshot200512010251060jk.jpg

snapshot200512010251176sn.jpg

snapshot200512010251257np.jpg

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE aren't they so CUTE!? (not a question, ;))

If the images are too many in quantity, mod please feel free to redo them as links. I just wanted everyone to see the images the first time around instead of clicking 10 times. It's a tribute to our pets! :thumbup

.... I miss my kitty.... :(

Edited by Jeremy

Sorry to hear about JP. it's amazing how those furry little guys can get so wrapped up in our hearts...sometimes we wanna just scream at them for doing something bad, but in the end there's nothing like having them beside you (and behaving!)

Not to take the glory away from JP, but I can kinda relate, we almost lost our orange tabby on or about 1999. We used to let him out and roam the streets (not anymore), one night he came to the front door meowing up a storm, he had a tiny little red dot on his leg. My parents, brother and myself had no idea what it was, could of been a fight bite for all we knew. He cried most of the night and could barely walk. Next day took him to the vet and found out that his left leg bone was shattered by a BB Gun shot.... some a-hole decided to play target practice with the cat. The operation would of been 1000 dollars but we had no money and were going to put him to sleep. The vet felt so bad watching my brother crying through the cage at the vet that left the procedure at $250 using "low end" materials. Now 8 years later with "low end" materials he is still alive, walks and jumps like if nothing ever happened to him. The only prob is that he sheds alot...apparently a side effect of Feline AIDS...go figure! As long as he doesnt get sick or get in a fight with a sick fight he'll be ok. I could throw in the story of 2 hamster and another cat I had with my Xgirlfriend but that would take too long!

RogueSpear, another four legged friend will come along to make you just as happy as JP once did!

I am attaching some pics of our orange tabby, Hershey!

If I ever see anyone aiming a weapon at a cat, I will severly injure them. I can't even imagine what I would do if anyone had ever done that to my kitty... :realmad:

Anyway, cute pic of him in the sink. My gf's cats do that, too. They are big fat snotty cats... but they're still fun to maul. B)

Hey guys,

I'm sorry to hear about all of your losses. I truly understand how hard it can be to lose a pet.

I have a cat named Mariah who was almost dead when I got her home. She was a stray and she had hundreds of fleas, malnoruished, dehydrated, had a stomach full of worms that literally dragged to the floor, was weak, and didn't even fight us when we put her in the bathtub to wash off the fleas and wastes.

She looked like she was a few weeks old instead of 3 months.

But numerous vet visits and high bills, have saved her life. I remember my dad had to feed her with an eyedropper at first.

I love this cat and she's not only my friend but a family member. She's always by my side and is starved for my affection constantly.

Attached is a picture of her sleeping on the bed.

post-81582-1133772011_thumb.jpg

I am very sorry for you loss. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my cat mystical. He is a black tabby, too bad i have no pictures on my comp. But this isnt about my cat. Hope your next cat will be as special as JP.