Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

Ugh.. the laptop I do all this kind of stuff on got screwed (due a mistake on my part). So I need to reinstall from scratch and all that's going to take a while. More bad news - I was working on the latest version of Ethereal and it just doesn't want to repack at all. I'm guessing it's something to do with WinPcap 3.1. Just when I thought things were going smoothly...

Update - 20060705

Added Microsoft .NET Framework Runtimes All-in-One installer and addon

Added RogueSpear's Runtimes installer and addon

Updated Java2 Runtime Environment to V5.0 Update 7

Edited by RogueSpear

There is a size limit for individual posts with IPB. I don't know if the limitation here is administrator controlled or a limitation of IPB itself, but either way the post size limit is pretty generous. So I have three main posts in this thread with installers in them. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see the rest ;)

There is a size limit for individual posts with IPB. I don't know if the limitation here is administrator controlled or a limitation of IPB itself, but either way the post size limit is pretty generous. So I have three main posts in this thread with installers in them. Just scroll down a bit and you'll see the rest ;)

Oh. whoops, duh! :blushing: Sorry :D!

BTW, ActiveSync was also updated (you probably know without my telling you anyway ;)).

Thanks for the hard work!

Could you please fix this link:

http://www.earlymorninghours.net/Addons/Ro...l_2.1.1.325.cab

I think I will give AdminStudio a try... see if I will be able to create some nice cuztomized installers ;)

Couldn't find any good manuals though...

Any chance of writing down the base steps on creating these great installers?

Or maybe making a short movie while creating one of them?

That would be just great :yes:

Thanks once again for sharing your installers with us :thumbup

Edited by rado354

I did make a tutorial for making these installers. It's not all encompassing, but it's a good start. Search the phrase "AdminSudio" in this forum and it should be in the top 10. And I'll check in the ieSpell link now. This is the first it's been reported to me as not working.

Well I use Maxthon, not Firefox. I did use Firefox for about 9 months but I grew tired of it, tried Maxthon and never looked back. I don't use Thunderbird either. I either use Outlook, OWA, or Gmail.

BTW something must have distracted me when I updated ieSpell. It looks like it's the old version I have up, but I know I made an updated installer. It may be at work, so I'll check when I get back to the office tommorow.

Well I use Maxthon, not Firefox. I did use Firefox for about 9 months but I grew tired of it, tried Maxthon and never looked back. I don't use Thunderbird either. I either use Outlook, OWA, or Gmail.

RogueSpear

Try use Netscape 8.1

I did few weeks ago

Now I'm fine

Edited by Yurek3

Update - 20060715

Updated DAEMON Tools V4.03HE to include the new SPTD V1.25. As with the previous release, a copy of SPTDinst.exe is left inside of %SystemRoot% should you need to uninstall the driver.

Also new is the first ScriptPack Addon. You can download the .cab Addon Pack for integration using the RyanVM Integrator. SPTD.exe will be integrated as any svcpack.inf based installer would be. 050_DAEMONTools.exe will be placed in \OEM where the ScriptPack will automatically pick it up for RunOnceEx processing.

Update - 20060716

• Updated Microsoft .NET Framework V1.1 SP1 (.zip Addon also available).
  • Removed Microsoft Visual J# V1.1 Redistributable.
  • Added Microsoft .NET Framework V1.1 SP1 and Visual J# V1.1 combo installer (.zip Addon also available).
  • Updated Microsoft .NET Framework V2.0 to install from svcpack.inf and also include KB917283 (.zip Addon also available).
  • Removed Microsoft Visual J# V2.0 Redistributable.
  • Added Microsoft .NET Framework V2.0 and Visual J# V2.0 combo installer (.zip Addon also available).
  • Added Microsoft .NET Framework All-in-One combo installer (.zip Addon also available). This installer includes V1.1 SP1 and V2.0 of the .NET Framework and V1.1 and V2.0 of the Visual J# Redistributables.
  • Updated the RogueSpear Runtimes Package to V1.1 (.zip Addon also available).

All of the .zip Addons require either the RyanVM Integrator V1.4 or nLite V1.01 in order to properly integrate. I removed the individual Visual J# installers because they each require their respective .NET Framework as a prerequisite. So instead I made combo installers, in almost every permutation imagineable, for you to chose from.