Best Movie Program?

Matt_

I would vote for Final Cut btu since it is not a Windows program it is obviously out of the picture. Avid is the best solution though for Windows users but it is prohibitively expensive though and for good reason.

I tend to like the freeware DVD authoring tools that work just as well as the payware ones. However, my favorite authoring tool is TMPGEnc DVD Author. As for editing, Adobe Premiere Pro is the best I think. Pinnacle, Vegas, etc, all suck I think.

AviSynth is for advanced users who have the patience to type up scripts. The majority of people that use it are super-picky or have bad source files. Make sure you have good source audio/video, then you don't need to bother with it. I do admit, though, some of the plugins for it are top-notch and better than the more popular features in commercial applications. But, I don't think it's worth it in the long run. BeSweet is awesome for WAV > AC3.

Right now we are for our project using Adobe Premiere and it is serving us well...except for the part where it conforms the audio files....that part is really annoying. I have not seen Final Cut Pro doing that and if you dont have a fast enough workstation which we kind of dont, it stops all work cause you cant do anything but wait till the conforming gets completed.

You guys can check out www.craterlionproductions.com if you are interested.

Why don't you just use seperate programs for the audio? BeSweet can do practically anything with audio conversion in terms of intermediate/professional video editing. I extract audio as WAV and transcode it to AC3, takes very short amount of time. Keep in mind, I haven't done video editing in almsot a year, but if I got back into it (or at least had the FireWire port on my camcorder fixed/replaced) I'd still use the same method. It was efficient and worked like a charm. I remember every oine of my 10 steps to DV2DVD conversion. Screw the All-In-One programs, I want a great job done, not a half crap job.