Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

OK I extracted the nero installer and found a config.txt file with the following in "Redist\Config" hope this helps

#  This part of config file is used for changing MSI properties.

#

# Syntax:

# MSIPROPERTY [Property Name] DEFAULT_VAL

# or

# MSIPROPERTY [Property Name] "Your value"

#

# DEFAULT_VAL after property name - Property will be set with default value

# "Your value" after property name - Property will be set with your value

#

# Property explanation:

# SERIALNUM - Serial Number for whole software registration ("1111-2222-3333-4444-5555-6666")

# TARGETDIR - Specifies the root destination directory for the installation

Try changing SERIALNUM_USERVAL to SERIALNUM see if that helps

Edited by ricktendo64

Shouldn't the command used be:

nero.msi /QB /NORESTART /STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" /DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" /SERIALNUM="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" /AGREETOLICENSE="TRUE"

(forward slashes used)

What's the switch to disable Nero Scout?

Changes to the property table using the commandline do not use forward slashes.

Forward slashes are most often used to give direction to windows installer.

The capital charchaters depicting the property table entries are only required when writing the property table,

they arent needed to be capitalized on the commandline.

There was alot of talk on these forums in the past concerning that config.txt file and its usage.

I really didnt follow it but I dont think anyone came up with a way to actually apply it to an installation.

NeroScout is already set to False in the property table by default. You cannot disable it using the commandline.

shark

I double checked the MSI with Orca and the correct switch is SERIALNUM_USERVAL so I was wrong...

BTW I could not find any reference to DONOTRUNSETUPX so that might need to be added or something?

Maybe it would be possible to export that value if present in 7.8 and import it into 7.9?

I double checked the MSI with Orca and the correct switch is SERIALNUM_USERVAL so I was wrong...

BTW I could not find any reference to DONOTRUNSETUPX so that might need to be added or something?

Maybe it would be possible to export that value if present in 7.8 and import it into 7.9?

The switches in the 1st post work.

The most likely reason this type of install is failing is that DirectX must be updated 1st.

Try this before executing the msi: fullpathto\Redist\DirectX\dxsetup.exe /silent

shark

OK, the above switch combination did NOT work (xxxx's replaced by legit serial number).

Here's the log from WPIW:

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:29:02 PM
Program: Ahead Nero Burning ROM
UID: AHEADNEROBURNINGROM
Order: 900006
Category: MultiMedia
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:29:02 PM
cmd1 Success (returned code 1603): "msiexec.exe /i "D:\WPI\Install\Nero\Nero-7.9.6.0\Nero.msi" /qb /NORESTART STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" SERIALNUM="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" AGREETOLICENSE="TRUE""
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:30:41 PM
cmd2 Success (returned code 0): ""D:\WPI\Install\Nero\Nero7960_chm_eng.exe" /s"
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:30:41 PM
Finished installation.

So what broke it?

OK, the above switch combination did NOT work (xxxx's replaced by legit serial number)..... So what broke it?

Did you run this command before tring to install Nero?

fullpathto\Redist\DirectX\dxsetup.exe /silent

shark

There was alot of talk on these forums in the past concerning that config.txt file and its usage.

I really didnt follow it but I dont think anyone came up with a way to actually apply it to an installation.

I have found a way using my own custom conf.txt and apply it during unattended installation. I'm not however using an administrative installation source. Ahead switched installation package from WinRAR to 7-Zip. That move made the extracted directory to %TEMP% random. Because of this I made a simple AutoIT-script to make use of the original installation package. I believe this script can handle Multilanguage distributions but it needs testing.

This is my way of installing Nero 7.9.6.0. :hello:

Keep in mind that I'm not an AutoIT geek but this script works for me.

*EDIT

AutoIT-script is updated and uploaded to 'AutoIT Script Collection'.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...0197&st=193

Edited by CEoCEo

I tried your autoit script. It works well but the installer STILL asks to install the AskToolbar (crapware). How do I disable it? Is it safe to unzip the .exe, delete "toolbar.exe" and repack using 7zip SFX?

*Edit

Wouldn't it be easier to disable the AskToolbar from the autoit script? I'm not fluent in autoit so I'm not sure how to accomplish this. If I delete the toolbar.exe from the .exe installer, would that break it?

This is the only thing holding up my UACD.

Edited by mr_smartepants

Wouldn't it be easier to disable the AskToolbar from the autoit script?
It seems that further testing is needed to disable the installation of AskToolbar if it's found . I don't know if it's included in all distributions however. Can you try to delete the AskToolbar installer within the script and see what happens? :rolleyes: