Nero Burning ROM v7 installation

BoardBabe

@ mr_smartepants, thanks for pointing out the conf.txt that was the error.

@ CEoCEo, Thanks script working great.

P.S any one tested script in Vista yet just wondering.

@Sonic

I ran 7960 install to first dialog box then did a search for *.msi. It's usually in the Users\[currentusername]\AppData\Local\Temp\NER?????.TMP

I have full 7960 (trial version, serial unlocks full) from nero.com as opposed to upgrade version. No missing cabs or such.

Oh...and don't forget to delete NeroBar.exe NeroBar.txt and Toolbar.exe!

Edited by razormoon

@razormoon : How do you extract files ? No problems with missing cabs files ?
Sonic, go with Autoit method its far easier, you can still select what components you want to install.

And will save you space on DVD nero is 500MB when unpacked not unless your gonna make sfx just more work , also nero demo, trial, and full are all same versions just depends on your key

AutoIT-script is updated to version 1.2 and uploaded to 'AutoIT Script Collection'.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...0197&st=193

* New: Automatic search and install of distribution (Nero-7.9.6.0_*.exe)

* New: Automatic search and optional install of help file (Nero7_chm_*.exe)

* New: Exclude components via command line

* Updated: Few more tweaks and improvements

* Removed: Removed dependency to conf.txt

Instructions exist in the script itself. ;)

Nice autoit script. What about an administrative install to optimize more space, I have cab missing error.

btw, if I use admin install from my oem disc (nero 7 essentials v7.5.14.0 ), there isn't problem ...

@Sonic: Sorry to tell you this but I don’t have the skills (yet) to master ahead’s component structure and filelist. BTW, if it’s all about optimized space, why not use Nero 7 Lite?

My script is intended only for those who want flexibility in their installs unfortunately.

I didn't really like Nero Lite, but it works great !

I just prefer using original installer from Ahead.

I will use you script I think if I didn't find admin install during this weekend ... but I prefer SFX install ... (yes I prefer some things :P )

I will test with a retail distibution v7.9.6.0.

@razormoon: If you look at post #145 in the ‘AutoIT Script Collection’ and this topic starter, it’s the same individual. BoardBabe created a similar script a year back from now that had this way of include/exclude components. I didn’t know at first that if I deleted conf.txt the settings would take in the command line, that’s why I updated this script. ;)

@mr_smartepants: Thanks for your support in the testing area and reporting back after using this script! :thumbup

BTW, I really appreciate your effort in the DP department. (If you are the same man behind that nickname)

Keep up the good work!

Edited by CEoCEo

I am running the latest version of this script ver 1.2 and have it set to not install the ask toolbar but I am still getting the popup box asking me if I want to make it the default search bar or install Nero with out it. What am I doing wrong? Also could some one tell me the best way to remove the toolbar from the installer and then re-pack the .exe I have tried 7zip but it keeps asking me where to unzip the file? I did set 7zip to make an .exe.

Thanks for the time and any help you can give,

Dean

I am running the latest version of this script ver 1.2 and have it set to not install the ask toolbar but I am still getting the popup box asking me if I want to make it the default search bar or install Nero with out it. What am I doing wrong? Also could some one tell me the best way to remove the toolbar from the installer and then re-pack the .exe I have tried 7zip but it keeps asking me where to unzip the file? I did set 7zip to make an .exe.

Don't unpack/repack the .exe, this will break it.

The AskToolbar script is hit & miss. I've had the same issue as you (install ask? Yes/no?) and after reinstalling, with NO changes to the DVD, everything ran fine. Weird.

Yes, I do help out over at Driverpacks.net. :thumbup