[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

Hi!

Trying to install my Dynamic disk (an array of 3 HDDs) I modified the last_session.ini to install the Logical Disk Manager service.

Another change was delete some files from the "Delete List"

This files are:

capesnpn.dll

certmgr.dll

certmgr.msc

fsmgmt.msc

osuninst.exe

I tested the produced iso file in vmware and I received errors from these files:

expand.exe

ntsd.exe

autochk.exe

autofmt.exe

regedit.exe

I replaced these files from a previous iso and .... works!

The Disk Management service is installed and I can mount dynamic disks, format and make partitions.

Now...my questions :-)

1) My last_session.ini have several differences. Some of these are not changed for me... (17 differences only in tweaks compared with the original last_session.ini, and I don't change anything!)

Why?

2) Why I received errors about the lenght of the 5 exe files?

Attached is my last_session.ini

Thanks for your help!

last_session.ini

Edited by gczobel

Hi!

Trying to install my Dynamic disk (an array of 3 HDDs) I modified the last_session.ini to install the Logical Disk Manager service.

Another change was delete some files from the "Delete List"

This files are:

capesnpn.dll

certmgr.dll

certmgr.msc

fsmgmt.msc

osuninst.exe

I tested the produced iso file in vmware and I received errors from these files:

expand.exe

ntsd.exe

autochk.exe

autofmt.exe

regedit.exe

I replaced these files from a previous iso and .... works!

The Disk Management service is installed and I can mount dynamic disks, format and make partitions.

Now...my questions :-)

1) My last_session.ini have several differences. Some of these are not changed for me... (17 differences only in tweaks compared with the original last_session.ini, and I don't change anything!)

Why?

2) Why I received errors about the lenght of the 5 exe files?

Attached is my last_session.ini

Thanks for your help!

well ill for sure setup a future microwinX build to incorperate your needs, with start menu recovery.

Hi gdogg!

First, sorry for bothering you, I resolved the issue: The install work ok now with the attached file. After the install I connected the disks and windows recognize automatically the RAID without problem.

I installed the last omega drives for my ati card and the nforce2 drivers for my mother.

I can play SplinterCell without install it from my old windows !!! :D

well ill for sure setup a future microwinX build to incorperate your needs, with start menu recovery.

I think that this is not a necesary feature for all the users. Really you need the Logical Disk Service to admin Dynamic disks. All the other tasks (partitions, drive letters, etc) will be made with a partition magic, or similar.

If anyone want this only need to activate the "Logical Disk Manager" and remove from the "Delete List" these files:

capesnpn.dll

certmgr.dll

certmgr.msc

fsmgmt.msc

osuninst.exe

Thanks for your help!

Last_Session.ini

ok looks good, it will be in beta 3.0 by default removed, but start menu entry will bring it back, hows that sound?

or do you need it for unattend raid drivers?

I know NVRaid works fine in microwinX. on a raid 0 (stripe) array of 4 drives.

Edited by gdogg

due to moving out, and all the work involved. microwinX beta 3.0 will be posponed til an august release. With a possible beta 2.75 to fill the gap, and fix some bugs.

During july I will be able to get cable internet , which will help me get more tests done. Currently I am working on hardware support for beta 3.0, I will be adding wifi and dsl modem support, and dhcp and dns. This will be a rather difficult thing, since I am not happy with the current security and usage of these services, and will try to shrink this support to the minimal too.

Beta 3.0 has goals that just cant be reached in july, which is where a beta refresh will come in.

Beta 2.75 will mainly focus on more software support, since that is the most requests.

I will be adding all these fixes, that have been posted in this and every microwinX thread, as options so users will have all this built into the next build.

"A Note To Wifi Users"

using the third party tools instead of that built into windows, allowed me, to acces wifi under microwinX beta 2.5

this was done, by using the linksys tool, and manual ip address setup

Edited by gdogg

Not in beta 2.5, beta 3.0 will bring this, as I have got dsl, just to get it working for users (btw dsl still sucks)

dsl pppoe is possible in beta 2.5 by doing the following

use a router which all support pppoe connections.

use the dsl modem itself as the router.

to do this, manually enter the following IP addresses

(this is only from my testing, as all hardware isn't the same, but since in most cases similarities arise)

192.168.2.10 ip address

255.255.255.0 subnet

192.168.2.1 gateway

192.168.2.1 dns

now restart your modem.

now use a internet browser and goto , http://192.168.2.1

this should bring up a setup, where you can enter your username and password.

I hope this helps lots of users.

I've tried to use MicrowinX with nLite 1.0 Final but I'm getting the "PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED" blue screen error message during Windows setup. Windows XP Professional SP1 and Windows XP Home Edition both gave me this error message. I've burnt them on a CD-RW and tried to install on a dedicated partition. :unsure:

Not in beta 2.5, beta 3.0 will bring this

Hm :) But Whether it will be able to be brought highly as well in Beta 2.75? For much is being expected I to test this interesting project, but the internet washed works of pppoe : (

Edited by STARSBG

Not in beta 2.5, beta 3.0 will bring this

Hm :) But Whether it will be able to be brought highly as well in Beta 2.75? For much is being expected I to test this interesting project, but the internet washed works of pppoe : (

ok

pppoe for beta 2.75 too :P