Suggestion for Xpize

Dumpy Dooby

I had posted this in the suggestions thread, but you locked the thread immediately afterwards.

Hopefully you're still checking this thread. I wanna catch you before the final release.

If it hasn't alread been suggested, I think you should add an option to change the desktop to "list" view. To clarify, check out this screenshot of my desktop.

http://www.gooffense.com/dumpydooby/files/...p-2005_0711.png

See how the icons are small and in "list" view? You can do that with programs such as Wintidy2 or deskview (which is attached).

Here's a link to the aforementioned attached file:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=At...pe=post&id=7458

Think it can be done? I can't imagine it being too difficult to just add that to Xpize. :thumbup

@Dumpy Dooby : Great utility!

Can this utility be used to hide desktop icons completely (of course, this can be possible only if you have written this very thingy yourself)? If so please do help me as I need an utility like this to toggle my desktop icons using keyboard shortcut.

:thumbup

@all: Hi i'm kalavera and i'm the xpize settings program developer. About the Tile mode wasn't active in that version because there was some problems, but its done in the next version with many other features :D

About the hide desktop icons ... i will investigate and see if i can add the feature.

@all: Hi i'm kalavera and i'm the xpize settings program developer. About the Tile mode wasn't active in that version because there was some problems, but its done in the next version with many other features :D

About the hide desktop icons ... i will investigate and see if i can add the feature.

next version of XPize ?

Hello everyone.

My first post in the MSFN forums :D

Thank you to Xpero for such a great tool!

I'm having a bit of a problem though regarding the "Small Icon" desktop view and the desktop icons' transparency settings. The settings I make don't stick if I refresh the desktop or reboot.

If I launch the ZPize settings and make changes, the next time I launch it, none of my settings are retained.

If I have the desktop view set to "Small Icon" and the desktop icons' background set to transparent, and then I refresh the desktop, the icon backgrounds lose their transparency. If I reboot, the icons revert back to the standard large size.

Please let me know if there is something obvious I can do...

Thank you for all your work on this!

@recordbreaker: the problem is this: the desktop view's and the transparency are just "memory hacks" to the desktop, so they are not permanent. there are many ways to solve this ... the one i used is to have a timer refreshing those options, if changed, every 5s.

There are another more elaborate ways like api hook or dll patching ... but i dont like those.

I also added the option to save & restore the selected options and the start with windows feature, so this can help in your problem.

More suggestions are welcome :)