Selfmade Autorun...

TrooperMan

Ok the MySQL works fine so good news for anyone who feels like using that for regular stuff...

But im wondering, could you use the PHP/MySQL to grab the windows Installation files from the database depending on options selected within the Autorun menu?

Say have a table setup for XP, another for Server 2003, etc... then have it setup the Installation folders in the same way WINNT32.EXE would on C:\ if installing from inside an installed Windows?

Would make your Autorun app work as a sort of RIS but with more control over what gets installed and also minimise the size of an installation CD.. Of course this would only be handy if the system is connected to a network with MySQL (Or other database server) present.

Just a thought but might be worth trying.

Make it easier to have an install with options for patching files or not patching files depending on what you choose within the autorun menu pages...

****. I was just using this new version and it works really well. Just a couple of quick questions. How is using the PHPMENU directory different from the MENU directory. I was looking at the code but it seems the same. Also, just wanted to ask for you permission to use this program to run other programs. At the same time, can I change your image background?

[EDIT]

I was adding some more links in one sub-menu when I noticed that the cut-off was too high. What value on the Index page do I change that so that the cutoff is lower? Thanks.

[/EDIT]

Edited by m3n70r

The PHPMENU is the same in general. Look at the INDEX-file, this should be showing how to create the menu dynamically.

Of course you can change the background image or the programs you want to run. As long as you do that for private use, it is okay.

Because of the cut-off: I don't remember the setting that you need to change, but it has to be somewhere in the following line:

stm_bpx("p1","p0",[1,2,6,-2,2,3,0,0,100,"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Wipe(GradientSize=1.0,wipeStyle=1,motion=forward,enabled=0,Du

ration=0.30)",5,"",-2,80]);

@Hixin: As long as you do that within PHP there is no need for me to change anything. And I guess what you want to do IS possible. (As far as I got everything right...) But I cannot give that much support on PHP, just go to www.php.net and look for yourself ;) I am not sure though if I would store the whole files in the database but the filenames and their locations on the network... (and then copy them via PHP)

Lookup the flush() - command from php. With that it should be possible to create some neat installation routines with showing progresses etc.

Oh ****, ya, it actually looks simpler. Thanks man. BTW, I was looking at the same INDEX.HTML file. Sorry, stupid me.

[EDIT]

Here's what I found with regard to the overflow:

stm_bpx("p1","p0",[1,2,6,-2,2,3,0,0,100,"progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Wipe(GradientSize=1.0,wipeStyle=1,motion=forward,enabled=0,Du

ration=0.30)",5,"",-2,80]);

Change the 3 to anything above 9. This'll make the hightlight increase in height causing the text to be cutoff before the white line. Maybe someone can find another way but this'll work for the time being.

[EDIT]

Okay, I'm just wondering, where in the code can you move the arrows, up and down ones, in? I found where to change their size, now just looking to see where I can move them.

Edited by m3n70r

Okay. I was fiddling around with the music player thing and I found a curious little thing. If the line stm_aix("p0i10","p1i0",[0,"Music Stream Test","","",-1,-1,0,"play:test.ogg"],262,0); has a 10 where it says ("p0i10 the Alt-E sequence wont work. Changing the 10 to something like 20 or w/e makes it work.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
AUTORUN2B8.ZIP

As always: Happy testing ;)

So I know i'm bringing up an old thread (semi old about 6 months since last post) but i'm kinda stuck...

I have been fighting this thing for almost 100 hrs only to find out that my browser wasn't showing the extra pages (wouldn't go beyond 2 and there's 7). I finally get there and the links are dead ( :huh: lol)... Anywho, I'm assuming that my problems have been resolved with the newer versions.

I have tried every variant i can think of for making the iso using mkiso. It goes throught the steps of asking everything and etc but never produces a file. If anyone can help that would be great...

Hey trooperman, your email is dead too... If you can get me back at my email that would be great!

Image 1

Image 1

My menu.ini quick summary:

PHPEngine=on

PHPIniPath=PHP/

PHPDLLPath=PHP/

[browser]

Left=0

Top=26

Height=372

Width=640

[CDImage]

Path=Tools\CDIMAGE.EXE

Options="-l%ISOLABEL% -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b%ISOBOOT% -h -n -d -o -m %ISOROOT% %ISOTARGET%"

FilenameByUser=1

[DVDDec]

Path=TOOLS\DVDD.exe

Edited by bordr415

i would guess the problem is prolly that it cant find that files you are referencing... the way i did it was to 'give it directions' on where those files are from the root of the AIO DVD.. so my code looks like this...

stm_aix("p3i4","p1i0",[0,"Microsoft Windows XP Pro","","",-1,-1,0,"mkiso:..\\SETUP\\XP\\BOOT.BIN:VRMPVOL_EN:..\\SETUP\\XP:Windows XP Pro.iso"],365,0);

here is a little breakdown of the commands (i'll put the info in parenthesis).....

"mkiso:..(the dots tell it to start from the root of the drive)\\SETUP\\XP\\BOOT.BIN(this is the location of the file to make it bootable):VRMPVOL_EN(the internal name of the ISO thats being created):..\\SETUP\\XP(the path to the location of the files to be included in the ISO, again given from the root of the drive):Windows XP Pro.iso(the name of the completed ISO)"

Also, in your menu.ini, I noticed something with the DVD Decrypter... Mine is as follows

# DVDDecryp*er is used for recording the ISO-Image

# created by CDImage

[DVDDec]

Path=TOOLS\DVDD******.exe

Not sure if its different because youre using php, but i wouldnt think so.

Let me know if that helps any.

On the DVDD*******.exe I just changed it to make it more simple to remember... (and so it is comp with 8.3 filenaming)... and I have tried it the exact way you showed but then I debug there are no slashes. I believe it is because I have version 2B3 not the latest which is 2B8, but his links are dead :o ... anyway if you have the latest files, could you email them to me? my email is in my original post...

Edited by bordr415

df.jpg

I may be wrong in this but, noticing the last line in the debug, I see that you put "root/xppc" as the location of where the files are. Did you try switching the '/' to '\'? Also, what is the E: drive? Is it a HDD? I also remember other people having this issue. Turned out you could only save it a personal document location. Try saving it in "My Documents" and see if it works. For me it would make the ISO, but it would be empty, so I took it out until I had time to play with it. I need to update my Admin DVD anyway so once I get it up and running, I'll post up my stuff.

I made another partition just for Multiboot DVD (needs about 60gb of space) that partition is the drive E:... I tried it with the "root\xppc" and it does the same thing... for now I am using WPI and all of the scripts work perfectly, but I like the appearance of this installer more... just gets frustrating...

just to give you a heads up, this disc has 2K (all OEM & RTL), 2K3 (all OEM & RTL), SMB (all OEM & RTL), XP (all OEM & RTL). The part that gets tricky is that it will make up to 40 cd's from this one disc. It makes the individual factory disc, an all in one OEM, all in one RTL, XP only OEM, XP only RTL, etc for all the os's... I have on every one of the mkiso functions tried a different way of running it and tested all of them. (I have tried literally every combination of //, /, \\, \, and anything else I could think of...