I feel ripped off by microsoft

I baught windows MCE 2002 & 2005. I installed 2005 on a clean HDD. I noticed that it is still 2002 when i right click my computer/ properties

I phoned microsoft. after 1hr on the phone with them. They keep on sending to dingo whoop whoop. :realmad:

the 2 original cdkeys i have for both 2002 nd 2005 are different to each other

i just dont understand y 2005 is appearing as 2002. which now i have 2 mce 2002 but 1 says 2005 :wacko:

can anyone help me? microsoft dosnt want to :realmad:

I bought[sic] Windows[sic] MCE 2002 & 2005. I installed 2005 on a clean HDD. I noticed that it is still 2002 when i right click my computer/ properties

I phoned Microsoft[sic]. after 1hr on the phone with them. They keep on sending to dingo whoop whoop.  :realmad:

the 2 original cdkeys i have for both 2002 and[sic] 2005 are different from[sic] each other

I[sic] just don't[sic] understand why[sic] 2005 is appearing as 2002.  Now I[sic] have 2 mce 2002 but 1 says 2005  :wacko:

Can[sic] anyone help me? Microsoft[sic] doesn't[sic] want to.  :realmad:

Sounds like you don't know what you're doing.

1. You can't buy MCE 2002.

2. You can't upgrade any MCE to 2005.

3. When I go to my system properties I see 2005.

4. You're probably booting your old OS

5. If you have a CD key for 2002 it is warez.

Edited by raskren

Um, since when can you just buy Windows Media Center Edition? Last I rememeber, they only distributed it to certified MCE Partners (or something like that.)

Eh... almost half a year now?

:blink:

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is a new Windows XP operating system available only on Media Center personal computers. Because of its special hardware feature requirements, Media Center PCs running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 are available only from Microsoft PC manufacturer partners. To see all the ways a computer running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 could fit into your life, view the demo. Learn more about Media Center PC hardware or create plans for your Media Center home entertaiment system with the Design Studio tool. Want to compare computers online? Visit MarketPlace.

...did I miss something here?

You CAN upgrade to MCE 2005.

You can simply buy XP MCE 2005, I like the fact that it's even cheeper than XP Pro.

In my installation I can't find a label saying 2005 anywere, but you can recognize the version by components that are installed, like WMP 10, SP 2 and other things that were not availeble in 2002.

MCE 2005 does NOT require special hardware features.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone care to explain to me what the hell Windows XP: Media Center Edition is all about? I have no real understanding of what the hell it is (mostly because I haven't actually tried it myself).

Is it just a stripped down version of Windows XP Home with a fancier interface? or?

@Jcarle

MCE is XP Pro, but supposedly with much more support for all sorts of media, like movies, pictures etc. If you have a media capture card, you can do a lot with it. I havent tried it myself, but it is designed for maximum functionality with TVs, DVD players and things of that sort. Looks bloody nice too. I'm thinking of using that over XP Pro.

Edited by IRON FART

I'm against Warez downloads.

I hate ppl ripping off companies.

i baught my licenced copies from day 1 when windows 95, 98, me, 2000, xp home and pro, 2003 server, now 2002 mce and 2005. :realmad:

once again i dont and will not download copies of illegal software on my system.

i'll laugh at ppl who do for when they get caught. :lol:

this was just a question because i tried to ask the right people and they had sent me around bush and didnt answer my question. now when i ask here everyone trys telling me that i steal software!!! :realmad:

Edited by MarkXP