Battlefield 2 Demo

SilverHaze420

My gamerz account must be currpted, cause after I installed the Demo and restarted my PC the game will not load. Just shows a big black window, then it quickly closes. Can't figure it out.

all my drivers are installed and work perfect with all my other games.

My system is by far pass the recomended requirements.

This is the only game that will not load on my system :realmad::realmad:

All these games are installed on my gamerz account: (and they all work great!)

- FarCry

- NFS underground 1 & 2

- Battlefront

- TonyHawks underground 2

- Spintercell 1, 2, & 3

- half-life 2

- UT2004

- MOH 1&3

- COD

- SimCity 4 RH

- Jedi Acamedy

- MYST 1, 2, & 3

but this demo of battlefield 2 will not load. it will install fine without any erros?? this is p***ing me off..... :crazy:

I'm having the same problem as you, Blam-o.  Let me know if you find a solution!

sorry hadn't had the time lately. probly won't re-ghost my gamerz account until late tuesday... let you know if i fig it out..... prob just a win bloatware problem :D

I'm having the same problem as you, Blam-o.  Let me know if you find a solution!

I can't play it either, same problem  :(

Looks like other ppl have the same problem.... :angry:

Well I re-instaled, (re-ghosted), my GaMEr'Z account, I have not installed the DEMO version yet, ...

but on a side note i did go out and buy Battlefield 2!!! ..... after playing it on my friends PC - i just couldn't wait any longer, so i went out and bought it on

DVD ($43.97) @ Costco :thumbup the Retail DVD version works great on my PC and has no problems at all.!!

I will install the DEMO version tomorrow to let you know if it works on my pc.... smile.gif

%*(#*&$~'N demo.... :realmad: why won't you work?????? stupid **** beep* piece o **** beep BF2 demo.....***** beep!!*

cool.gif

~~~~~~~

EDIT: i installed the demo and it works, but not nearly as fast as the retail version. I get much slower FPS in the Demo. (another reason to hate demos.....)

Edited by Blam-O!

• 4 months later...

I can't play it either, same problem  :(

Me too i have had he game crash on me every time i start it up ....BOOM CRASH

:realmad: im sooo p***ed because in the last last week when i tried to play it worked!! ****,****,****.

****.****.****.****. (btw **** means f**k :realmad: )

Edited by Battlefield 2

Has anyone else had problems with the demo, gone out and bought the full retail version, and had the full version work fine? I'd love to get this game, but I don't have $40 to spend on a game that's not garaunteed to work on my machine.

Here are my specs, if that helps:

P4 2.4B Ghz (Northwood)

1 GB Dual DDR 400 (Kingston)

ABIT IS7-E Motherboard w/ Intel 865PE Chipset

HIS Excalibur 9200SE 128MB AGP 8x (Powered by ATI Radeon 9200SE VPU - 200MHz)

Windows XP Pro SP2

Latest BIOS, chipset and ATI drivers

• 2 months later...

Ok, today I was talking to someone at the college, and he said he and his friends had had the same problem.

Luckily, the figured out a way around it.

In your BIOS, set the AGP from 8x to 4x. I had mine set at 8x; it wouldn't run the game. After I switched to 4x, I could play!

Why is this? I haven't a clue...While my graphics card isn't that great, I love playing the game.

just upgraded to 2 gigs of memory, bug difference when loading and playing the game!

What?!!! A bug?!!!

Just kidding. ;)

I've been playing the demo a lot. The graphics would be awesome if my graphics card was awesome. All the graphics settings for BF2 are set at low. If I try to turn them up any higher (that is, if I can even highlight that option) when I start playing the gameplay freezes every couple of seconds.

But I don't really mind. Just wish the sniper rifle was better....