Photoshop CS2

Astie

EDIT:

btw, how did u get that information if i run the msi with the /? switch it gives me the normal help page but it doesn' tell me anything like the above?

I opened it up in a MSI editor and poked around the dialogs and tables.

yep i did that for a while too but to no avail what editor do you use

YES!!

i dun it!

i managed to remove the section in the .msi which runs the activation window. so i now have a .msi which does the install normally except for not displaying the activation window. no need for autoit or anything else!

i'm not sure if i can post the msi here (might be considered warez) if a mod could let me know that'd be good.

YES!!

i dun it!

i managed to remove the section in the .msi which runs the activation window. so i now have a .msi which does the install normally except for not displaying the activation window. no need for autoit or anything else!

i'm not sure if i can post the msi here (might be considered warez) if a mod could let me know that'd be good.

Actually I think it would be fine since you need the other files in order to install it. I've posted Symantec Antivirus modified msi(s) before so go ahead and give us link please.... :D

If you guys have the msi installer, use Wise InstallTailor to get an mst. Then download ang msi/mst editor to modify the mst and to remove the custom actions.

Just a suggestion. I haven't tried it myself. I've been busy recenly.

YES!!

i dun it!

Just create a MST with your changes and post it instead.

(It'll be smaller too.)

right,

sorry it took me so long but i was at school. i've attatched the edited msi. which doesn't prompt for activation. just replace the original and follow the instructions from the first post.

either

setup.exe /v/qb

(but remember that could cause problems because setup.exe closes almost as soon as it calls the msi and this means your script might move on before the install is finished)

or

"adobe photoshop cs2.msi" /qb

good luck

EDIT: it wont allow me to upload an msi so download from here:

www.mrmb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/adobe photoshop cs2.msi

Why not just use an mst?  I'm just curious. :)

well cus i think an mst just sets options like parameters where as i had to actually remove a component from the msi. i don't actually know a great deal abot it and i was only stabbing in the dark when i tried editing the msi in the first place.

Why not just use an mst?  I'm just curious. :)

well cus i think an mst just sets options like parameters where as i had to actually remove a component from the msi. i don't actually know a great deal abot it and i was only stabbing in the dark when i tried editing the msi in the first place.

Actually, anything you edit on the msi can be done with an mst file. You can edit the mst to add registry entries, modify the public properties, remove a custom action, remove a component, etc. One more advantage of that is the file size is smaller compared to the msi, so it's easier to distribute. :)

I have nothing against editing msi's. I also do it myself. However, it's not the best practice. That's why they make mst's. :)