Photoshop CS2

Astie

let see

copy xp service pack 2 frm an iso i made to my hard drive - 3mins

(thanks to p4 3.0mhz and SATA drives)

Manual Integration of all Hotfixes using Iceman's method - 3 mins

BST drivers pack - 4 mins

Using Existing WPI and Software Folder -0 mins

Total less than 10 mins. Given u know what u are doing.

As long as u have a good base, the right application, and the know how

it doesn't take a long time to update your U.A. cd/dvd

Why don't you use a rewritable dvd or cds?  Just wondering out of curious..

Word on the street is that DVD-Rs have a longer life than DVD-RWs. I dont know whether that is true or not but I wanna be on the safe side.

Plus they are pretty cheap nowdays. :)

i can't get the autoit script to work using runonceex method. it starts the install fine but just stops at the activation window (according to processes the script is still running) if i press cancel on the activation window then the script jumps into life and answers the 30 day question. however when it then loads to windows if i uninstall photoshop and run the script it seems to work perfectly.

anyone else had this problem or found a better solution. will someone post an exact script file or exe that they have tested and works and the command to start it

thanks

I tired the script using wpi and it works. i just compiled the script using au3_2_exe or however this is called. maybe u should change the winwaitactive command to winwait? or maybe just start the autoItSpy and check how the cancel button is called? maybe u have another version than i have :-). if there is still need in the evening, i can send u the exe - just dont have it handy right now!

I tired the script using wpi and it works. i just compiled the script using au3_2_exe or however this is called. maybe u should change the winwaitactive command to winwait? or maybe just start the autoItSpy and check how the cancel button is called? maybe u have another version than i have :-). if there is still need in the evening, i can send u the exe - just dont have it handy right now!

thanks for the reply i'll try the install again with the following:

My runonceex file:

REG ADD %KEY%\026 /VE /D "Adobe Photoshop CS 2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\applications\adobephotoshop\setup\script.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\applications\adobephotoshop\setup\bridge\bridge.msi /qb" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 3 /D "%systemdrive%\install\applications\adobephotoshop\setup\helpcenter\hc.msi /qb" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\026 /V 4 /D "%systemdrive%\install\applications\adobephotoshop\setup\commonfilesinstaller\cf.msi /qb" /f

the autoit script converted from .au3 to .exe (with some extra features as suggested):

Run("setup.exe /v/qb")

;Activation
WinWait  ( "Adobe Photoshop Installer","" )
ControlFocus  ( "Adobe Photoshop Installer", "", "Button6" )
ControlClick  ( "Adobe Photoshop Installer", "", "Button6" )

;Activation2
Sleep      ( 250 )
WinWaitActive ( "Adobe Activation","" )
ControlClick   ( "Adobe Activation", "", "Button1" )

Exit

right it's still not working but i have isolated the problem. it works as soon as i have established an internet connection (which happens when i install the motherboard drivers). i do not install the drivers in the runonceex window cus i use this DVD on a number of computers. i can't understand why this would be but i can gurantee that it is the reason.

Please i hope someone has some ideas !?

here's my abcpy.ini file for the person who asked.

;***************************************************************
;Adobe Installer External Configuration File: Abcpy.ini

;Main Section
;The (Product) key is a required key
[MAIN]
Product=Adobe® Photoshop CS2
AbcpyVersion=2.0

;OEM Installation Options
[OEM Install]
SERIALNUMBER=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
SERIALNUMBERTRYOUT=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
USERNAME=Photoshop User
COMPANYNAME=.
INSTALLDIR=
DisplayWelcomeDlg=NO
DisplayEULA=NO
DisplayXPDialog=NO
DisplayTypeOfInstallDlg=NO
DisplaySelectDestDirDlg=NO
DisplayCustomDlg=NO
DisplayUserInfoDlg=NO
DisplayConfirmRegDlg=NO
DisplayStartCopyDlg=NO
DisplayFinishDlg=NO
DisplayFinalMessage=NO
DisplayRebootDlg=NO
DisplayBackGround=NO
DisplayBackGround=NO
DisplayProgressBar=NO
ProgressBarStart=NO
ProgressBarEnd=NO

is there any way of setting abcpy.ini to do the trial install (i did try this but i couldn't set up abcpy.ini correctly) this would prevent the activation window and simply ask for a serial number and activation on first run which would be fine.

-----

Matt

Maybe try to just include the trial key? and not both. I think you should only have one key present... not both...

yep thats what i thought

so i removed the full serial and left the trial serial but install just crashes.

also if both serials are included it just installs the full version. there must be another option that i could add, something like "TRIALINSTALL=Yes" but i'm just stabbing in the dark i have no idea if it's even possible.

Ok, before I pass along this info, let me state, I have not tried any form of unattended install of this, and don't really have plans to. But I am interested in seeing if it can be done. So, here is what I have found in relation to serial numbers.

According to the MSI:

The "Full" version serial number property is: SERIALNUMBERTEMP

The "Trial" version serial number property is: SERIALNUMBERTRYOUT

The properties to set which version ("Full" or "Trial") is:

UNITYSELECTION="RETAIL"

or

UNITYSELECTION="TRYOUT"

So it sounds like you would call: Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi /qb UNITYSELECTION="TRYOUT" SERIALNUMBERTRYOUT="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Now, I realize this doesn't help on the abcpy.ini way of setup, but for those setting up straight from the MSI (and maybe those passing the MSI properties through setup.exe without using abcpy.ini), hopefully this will help.

Ok, before I pass along this info, let me state, I have not tried any form of unattended install of this, and don't really have plans to. But I am interested in seeing if it can be done. So, here is what I have found in relation to serial numbers.

According to the MSI:

The "Full" version serial number property is: SERIALNUMBERTEMP

The "Trial" version serial number property is: SERIALNUMBERTRYOUT

The properties to set which version ("Full" or "Trial") is:

UNITYSELECTION="RETAIL"

or

UNITYSELECTION="TRYOUT"

So it sounds like you would call: Adobe Photoshop CS2.msi /qb UNITYSELECTION="TRYOUT" SERIALNUMBERTRYOUT="xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Now, I realize this doesn't help on the abcpy.ini way of setup, but for those setting up straight from the MSI (and maybe those passing the MSI properties through setup.exe without using abcpy.ini), hopefully this will help.

i'll test that then...

EDIT:

nope, sorry. if the full serial is still in abcpy it does a full install anyway. if it is not then it just throws an error.

EDIT:

btw, how did u get that information if i run the msi with the /? switch it gives me the normal help page but it doesn' tell me anything like the above?