oemlogo.bmp

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

i have been reading a lot of oem stuffs here and it is very helpful esp. for me who knows nothing but surfing and admiring those who knew too much about a lot of things like you guys. D;

i just wanna ask, after making ur own oem logo, the bmp & the ini, is it possible to install it automatically without the copy and paste thing? don't know the right term for it, if it is, could you pls post here how to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used resource hacker to modify the sysdm.cpl , I point to dialog/101/1033 to drag the BMP file to larger size and then i saved all changes, but the when i press the Windows logo+Break to view resuilt, it only change one time just when i save, when i view again, it getback to original size.

I have modified sysdm.cpl again and save into another location then paste it into system32, but it not resize

anybody can help me more details

Im from Viet Nam

Thank you

Heres my custom sysdm.cpl i did this without the use of Oeminfo or Oemlogo.

sysdmbox.PNG

Heres my custom Support info

sysdm_support.png

wow wery nice :):thumbup

But i have problem with oemlogo :(

My oemlogo is big 162x172 and when i put oemlogo i see in 2part,why?

P.S i edit sysdmm.cpl but windows undo my changes.why?

HELP :D

Edited by BugSu

• 2 weeks later...

The way I did the job:

used resource hacker > open sysdm.cpl

[support information/bmp]

Action menu> add new resource

your [support bmp] >name=SUPPORT and language 1033 or whatever your language is. (mine 1043)

right now navigate to dialog 102

add this code and delete old

CONTROL "SUPPORT", 51, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 65535, 2, 237, 97

CONTROL "OK", 1, BUTTON, BS_PUSHBUTTON | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_TABSTOP, 206, 83, 26, 12

--done--

[oemlogo.bmp]

CONTROL "", 62, STATIC, SS_BITMAP | SS_CENTERIMAGE | WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE, 12, 65533, 334, 172

(edit size etcc---press compile script to preview--)

post-45325-1131990791_thumb.jpg

oww

right your question

you see don't sse it in one part because you need to delete the entry in dialog 101 of Bitmap 1 (just delete it)

Edited by 5128

We can use the $OEM$ Distribution folders to do this. Create a sub-folder called $$ if one doesn't exist already, then create another sub-folder within $$ called System32. For example:

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$$\System32\

Copy both oeminfo.ini and oemlogo.bmp to the System32 folder explained above. When Windows XP Setup is run, both of these files will be automatically copied to Windows' System32 directory, no matter what the Windows folder is called.

I TRIED ABOVE. NOT WORKING

TRY INSTEAD

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$OEM$\$$\System32\

I EVEN NOT TRY THIS TOO, BUT I FOUND THIS ON MICROSOFT SITE

• 1 month later...

hey Folks :hello:

i been following this topic i think you cann call it.

well i just wanted to show you all mine that i made :thumbup well here is the pic

i hope you all like it :thumbup

post-83206-1135670036_thumb.jpg

@muiz thankyou 4 the wake up call i hope that this is better. and how can u tell.......

Edited by narcarsiss

• 2 weeks later...