Nero Custom Applications Builder (NCAB)

vcBlackBox

Now that I see you are running a customized Windows Desktop, are you running any type of customized cmd.exe as well? When you open a command prompt, does it default to some other paths? These are my guesses, because it should work.

NCAB is only looking in the current directory for a file name Nero-6.6.*.exe. If it does not exist, it can't continue.

Yes, the command window defaults to C:\. The instructions on this are found here.

*a few minutes later*

Yup... changing the command window starting directory to the default fixed the trick. Now I get to play with your program! :D

Maybe a future release could get around this problem?

EDIT After some playing around, I may have found a bug...

I choose to remove everything except for the Toolkit, but when I install it, I get the Nero Burning ROM, and Nero Xpress, on top of the Toolkit. Any ideas?

Edited by Zxian

Another minor update.

Mainly Enhancements.

Version 2.03 2005-06-29

--------------------------------------

- Search and Replace procedure eliminated. Good for localized Windows users.

- Revised NCAB Option list order. SoundTrax is dependent on WaveEditor ActiveX Controls.

- Tidy Cleanup code.

- Updated 7Za and SFX to v4.23

Yes, the command window defaults to C:\. The instructions on this are found here.

*a few minutes later*

Yup... changing the command window starting directory to the default fixed the trick. Now I get to play with your program! :D

Maybe a future release could get around this problem?

EDIT After some playing around, I may have found a bug...

I choose to remove everything except for the Toolkit, but when I install it, I get the Nero Burning ROM, and Nero Xpress, on top of the Toolkit. Any ideas?

You're welcome.

I wouldn't classify that as a bug. Nero Xpress is integrated with Nero Burning ROM and is the bare minimum.

If Nero Toolkit is your only desire, search Majorgeeks for Nero InfoTool and Nero CDspeed. Over there, some folks have extracted the Toolkit to be use by itself.

As for the customized cmd paths, you folks are not making it any easier on me. I'll may try recoding it but then again maybe not because thats not Windows default behavior.

You're welcome.

I wouldn't classify that as a bug. Nero Xpress is integrated with Nero Burning ROM and is the bare minimum. 

If Nero Toolkit is your only desire, search Majorgeeks for Nero InfoTool and Nero CDspeed. Over there, some folks have extracted the Toolkit to be use by itself.

As for the customized cmd paths, you folks are not making it any easier on me. I'll may try recoding it but then again maybe not because thats not Windows default behavior.

Thanks for the info! The strange thing is that when I removed everything, I only got the Burning ROM (no Xpress). When I kept the Toolkit, the XPress link came back. That was the only reason I asked.

As for the command line... it's no biggie. Just another couple of .reg files I gotta make (pre-NCAB.reg and post-NCAB.reg). :P

Hi all,

two questions:

- is it possible to add INCD

- is it possible to add the DVD-Audio plugin via serial, this addon is missing in the command file

I hope none asked this all before :blushing:

THX :hello:

Everything NCAB removes is still created but is 0-length. I still have to delete all the folders and your program doesn't remove the WAV files in the Nero folder, either. They aren't hardcoded, no worries.

Otherwise, excellent... so much like nLite. ;)

Edited by Jeremy

Functionality-wise, you can continue using NCAB 2.03 without any problems. It just won't be optimized for the latest versions.

There will be an update. The Update will address specific file changes in the new version and possibly adding further tweaks to the final size for Package 1 users.

Yes, it is possible to add InCD and the other packages as well. The likelihood of me implimenting additional packages at the present is highly unlikely, coding will be a mess.

I also doubt there's a much demand for these additional packages. Lastly, and this is just my humble opinion but InCD is kinda crappy software.

@Jeremy

You should'nt have to. Where exactly does Nero install on your system? Did you installed it on a localized Windows machine?

True, I didn't remove the WAV files because some people might like a trumpet blare after a successful burn. :whistle: Removing the WAVs will only save 96 KB. But I'll be happy to remove it if the majority wants it. I could probably strip more files and such, but I'm trying to be conservative and keep Nero as functional and universal for everyone as possible.