did you know that xp sp3 is coming out

kurt476

did you know windows xp sp3 is comming out?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. did you know windows xp sp3 is comming out?

• Yes
    • No

i was reading up on the web some place that there is going too be windows xp sp3 coming out and IE7 is coming and new features i was wounding what you thought about this?
the only trouble i have with that is IE7, They really need to integrate firefox ;) ! Wouldnt that be great! never have the hassle of **** internet explorer!
My guess is that sp3 will have wmp10, ie7, avalon, indigo, framework 2.0, all post sp2 hotfixes, more sata and raid drivers, and possibly the new messenger.

I believe your hypothesis is going to be right. And if it is right that would be sweeet! :thumbup With all sp2 hotfixes that would save me alot of trouble and work :) I would be very happy with that.

- The new messenger, i never use windows messenger anyways. I dont ever like it. And it just causes so many problem and gets in the way. Even with it i will still use AIM and MSN. And most likely the sp3 will have all updated secruity. everything will be running smooth error free! :)

As soon as they finished SP2, they started on SP3, BUT that doesnt mean it will come out. Like SP4 for Win2000, they didnt want to release a SP for that, so they released an rollup package, which is basically a small collection of updates. I doubt that they will release an SP3 for WinXP because they want everyone to go over to Windows eXPerience (rumoured to be called that) because its more secure and easier to use. They will only release more updates for Win2003 because its a server edition, XP is not, so I doubt it.

Also, i heard they are getting rid of the sidebar. It takes up too much room and not many people like it. I think they may be adding 'virtual desktop' which allows you to open more then one desktop screen.

The virtual desktop manager is already downloadable and I have been using it for a while on my Dell iXPS Generation 1 laptop and it has been a useful little tool to use whant programming. 4 virtual desktops completely independent of each other. IT is kinda unstable and buggy but it gets its job done and so I dont have too many things to b***h about. If you search for microsoft powertoys I am sure you will be able to find it. Cheers.

....I have been using it for a while on my Dell iXPS Generation 1 laptop ...[right

why do we care what laptop you are running that on

and :lol: about everything will be running smooth error free with SP3

pipe dreams!

but hey, everyone needs a dream

maybe eventually MS will get it right

meanwhile, I just keep it simple so it's more stable

What is wrong with 3rd Party firewalls? and what do you mean about it take up space, as if sp2 doesn't!!!!

I have SP2 with it's firewall off, as got a 3rd Party which i'm more than happy with.

If SP3 does arrive, it will probably be as simonsays said, and be huge and again we'll go on about how do i remove this? why did they add that? why is that missing?

Some people will never be happy.

SP2 includes SP1 and all its patches along with the new ones is what I heard. That would make sense since my unattended install cd with SP2 slipstreamed is 130 mb and i made the CD from an OEM Dell cd with SP1a slipstreaed that was originally @ 550 mb. So when SP3 comes out I believe it will include all the stuff....I could be wrong though.

My guess is that sp3 will have wmp10, ie7, avalon, indigo, framework 2.0, all post sp2 hotfixes, more sata and raid drivers, and possibly the new messenger.

I wish they put all those into one Service Pack but I seriouly doubt it.

Microsoft make it happen!

ah, the loveliness of broadband :lol:

poor dialup users will have to order and wait :P

I'm a broadband user but still I'm going to order it. Because it will take ages to download 1 CD.

Edited by sonu27

My guess is that sp3 will have wmp10,
Possibly
ie7,
Possibly
avalon,
Unlikely
indigo,
Unlikely
framework 2.0,
Don't count on it
all post sp2 hotfixes,
Well duh
more sata and raid drivers,
Don't count on it
and possibly the new messenger.
Don't count on it.

@matrix0978

By reading your comment I often aks myself if you work for microsoft.

Does someone know hot to disable dcom service with spk2 ? That was one of the reason that I choose to not use it.

And how to remove all thos stupid message when you want to dl or execute a setup ? :realmad: