Who Uses Winme ?

cypher_soundz

I agree.

Cyrix M-II  233 MHz, 32 MB RAM, and 2.5 GB hard-disk says it loves WinME.  :)

If it was faster machines, I'd use XP with SP2.

My ME machine was an 800MHz AMD Athlon, 60GB HD, 256MB RAM, 128MB GeForce4 Ti4600 that still rocks quite well.

NT4 Rocks. I used that for years and skipped the whole ME fiasco. Pinacle of the 98 series? Hahaha Not for a business... Job security I agree with... 98SE is good but I found it to be virus prone for my needs with the tools available at the time... I've sucessfully run DOS apps in ME but they didn't need special drivers I never hated it for that... If I could go back and do it all over again I think i'd buy a Mac with a PC card & dualboot OS/2 Warp & System 8. hahaha

I think ME has only minimal Changes (Movie Maker, System Restore and disabled DOS as Major Changes) but for most users these are unneded things, System Restore restores Viruses and need to be disabled, and note that WinME uses 550 MB if you delete C:\Windows\Options\Install then you still need ~220 MB, Win98 uses 150 MB by default. My P-III 533 MHz with 192 MB RAM and 30 GB HD starts up in <10sec 98se, I'm unsure about upgrading to XP and expense money for it.

On the other side: one of the pros of Me is to split the Registry to System, User and Classes and i'm sure that makes the start faster, not the disabled Dos. Of course only if you don't have real-mode drivers in 98 which you don't have in ME.

For myself I had severe trouble with ME, sometimes the desktop doesn't start after start-up, Blue Screens etc.

The best OS was 95 unfortunately you cannot use new Software on it. it was sleek and very fast.