Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 Lite - 5 MB Only!

[deXter]

good thread.

i'm also sick of the adobe reader bLOAt. i stopped using it a while back and, instead, switched to the Foxit PDF reader. very small. very fast. free. this is one of the... correction: this is the ONLY "nagware" piece of software in my arsenal (it displays a small, unobtrusive button linking to a Foxit version that allows editing of PDF's.

Ar703.exe is missing msvcr71.dll, if you place that file into system32 it should be ok.

Yes, yes, YES!! AR703.exe is missing msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll files. But size of the installer is only 6,00Mb. These files are missed intentionally to reduce size of the installer. How many times I must repeat THIS? And yes, AR703.EXE will not work or even install on clean Windows XP. So, why I removed these files? Because they are very common DLL libraries and they are installed by other applications on my Unattended CD. And I don't want to waste space on my CD and duplicate same files in every installer. The application that installs both files is Symantec Antivirus 10. If you run AR703.exe after SAV10 installation everything will work perfectly.

Especially for those of you, who do not install SAV10, there was AR703a.exe version released with msvcp71.dll but not msvcr71.dll file inside. The last file is installed by even more applications like K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.37 or Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1.

So what you must to do is install Adobe Reader Lite AFTER these applications.

And for those of you, who can't choose proper order or don't care about size, there is maniaq release with both files inside. Now everyone is happy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just as a heads up.... the patch for 7.0.5 has been released

The Adobe Reader 7.0.5 update is a cumulative patch that includes all the fixes in versions 7.0.1, 7.0.2 and 7.0.3. This update provides features such as expanded browser support, improvement in dynamic forms performance among others.

This multilingual update can be applied to English, French, German or Japanese version of Adobe Reader 7.0, 7.0.1, 7.0.2, 7.0.3. Adobe recommends that all users of Adobe Reader 7 -7.0.3 with English, French, German or Japanese versions apply this update as a proactive measure.

here are the full installers already updated to 7.0.5:

Adobe Reader 7.0.5 Full Installer (Compressed) - Windows

Adobe Reader 7.0.5 Full Redistributable Installer (Uncompressed) - Windows

here are the patch versions:

Adobe Reader 7.0.5 Update for versions 7.0-7.0.3 - Windows

wondering if this one can be slimmed down?

Edited by canuckerfan