Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 Lite - 5 MB Only!

[deXter]

however your 'AR705.exe' reboots immediately after the installation of AR705 is finished :(
Happened to me too.

Probably it happened because I have AcroRead v6.x installed and it was removed during v7 setup.

When you try to squeeze all of this to a single 700Mb CD, you’ll count every free byte, every free sector on CD.
I agree. :yes:

Every single KB makes a difference, on my multi-boot uA disc.

however your 'AR705.exe' reboots immediately after the installation of AR705 is finished

Same over here, we need an immediate fix, god how many time should I download it?!

Again here - are you updating over previous version or clean installing inside your Unattended CD? If it's rebooting when updating - I don't care - this version is not for updating. If it's rebooting when running on Unattended CD (I've tested and it doesn’t) - try change order of applications you install.

yes on updating previous AR versions, kinda strange? what is the mechanism of that?
When updating it reboots because old version of AcroIEHelper.dll is locked by iexplore.exe & explorer.exe processes. Kill both in Task List before updating, then run AR705.EXE, then run explorer.exe process again. This way you'll make clean update without reboot.

Hey Vid0,

as i have seen i can't edit the ar705.msi file, yu have done something or what....

i want to edit it because i want to remove the desktop icon..... what shoul i do??? :blink::wacko:

do i have to use other program to access the file or what, now i'm usinf adminstudio

p.s. i'm not going to upload it because it is your's made, not mine.....so....

I've downloaded Vid0's installer, but when I go to run the Acrobat Reader for the first time post install, I get Windows installer trying to install something. Then I get an error that "the feature you are trying to use in on a network resource that is unavailable".

I've installed this after the .NET Framework and the Java Runtime Environment, so as far as I understand, I shouldn't have the msvcp71.dll problem.

Any ideas?

EDIT - Nevermind. Well... sorta. The start menu shortcut gives me the error. The desktop icon doesn't. :wacko:

Edited by Zxian

@Zxian:

That rings a bell. Prolly the MSI has something linked into the setup. As in, install app & delete the installer MSI = error, otherwise if MSI was left in place it ran fine for first time.

I remember when RyanVM made an install package & it gave the SAME error. Do test it some more, so that we can have conclusive results :)

Hmm... I think I may have found the problem.

In the original AR705.msi, there are two shortcuts created. One on the desktop, which refers to the Acrobat Reader executable (AcroRd32.exe), and the other created in the startmenu, whose target is ReaderProgramFiles.

On a slightly different topic, I've switched that to be the same as the desktop shortcut (which works just fine), and I'm trying to recompress this into a 7-zip installer. No matter what options I try to use with 7-zip 4.29 the 7z file is always 6,484 KB (with StartX.exe), although the original installer is 6,188 KB. The SFX archive is 6,603 KB. And I can't UPX that either. :(

EDIT - Yup... my AR705_mod.exe (6,603 KB) works. It's just a bit bigger... :}

Edited by Zxian

I've downloaded Vid0's installer, but when I go to run the Acrobat Reader for the first time post install, I get Windows installer trying to install something. Then I get an error that "the feature you are trying to use in on a network resource that is unavailable".

Oh, sh#t I forgot to fix this stupid shortcut in this version. As a quick fix you need to copy shortcut on desktop over a shortcut in Start menu. That’s it ;-) Do you think it's so important and I need to reupload a fixed version now?? Hmmmmm.... Find some more important bug ;-)

so is their a proper version?

Yea, look on Adobe site for "proper" version.