Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 Lite - 5 MB Only!

[deXter]

Vid0, I tried to replace your 7zSD_AR.sfx's icon with the original icons from 7zSD.sfx using ResHacker.

However, after merging the sfx + config.txt + 7z exe, i got an error msg saying it's not a valid win32 application.

i managed to pinpoint this error back to when i replace the icon.

so how do i 'properly' change the icon?

Vid0, I tried to replace your 7zSD_AR.sfx's icon with the original icons from 7zSD.sfx using ResHacker.

However, after merging the sfx + config.txt + 7z exe, i got an error msg saying it's not a valid win32 application.

i had the same problem

Can anyone explain me how to use this code

7za.exe a -r -t7z -m0=BCJ2 -m1=LZMA:d24:fb255:a2:lc7:mf=bt3 -m2=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -m3=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -mb0:1 -mb0s1:2 -mb0s2:3 file.7z

that there wouldn't included non needed files in the .7z file, for egzample, when i put a batch file with this code into the folder, where i want compress files, the code includes that batch file, also and the 7za.exe file but i have managed to get it out from there, by using this code in the batch file

%systemdrive%\7za.exe a -r -t7z -m0=BCJ2 -m1=LZMA:d24:fb255:a2:lc7:mf=bt3 -m2=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -m3=LZMA:d19:fb128:a2:lc0:lp2:mf=bt3 -mb0:1 -mb0s1:2 -mb0s2:3 file.7z

so how do get rid of the batch file.tnx

guyz, you done a very good job , but quite messy! I mean alot of files you post, alot of uploads and downloads, and for a new user he can't choose which of which

so I suggest uniting your effort and release the best of the best of Slimmed AR 7.0.3

guyz, you done a very good job , but quite messy! I mean alot of files you post, alot of uploads and downloads, and for a new user he can't choose which of which

so I suggest uniting your effort and release the best of the best of Slimmed AR 7.0.3

i can't do anything until @Vid0 would tell me, if he knew, how to show the picture on the .pdf file, that the problem that doen't let me creating smallest AR with all the required features :P

i suggest everyone to use Vid0's AR703 :thumbup

Edited by maniaq

You have to respect the order:

copy /b 7zSD_AR.sfx + config.txt + [YOUR FILE].7z [YOUR FILE].exe

grtz

You have to respect the order:

copy /b 7zSD_AR.sfx + config.txt + [YOUR FILE].7z [YOUR FILE].exe

grtz

no, its not the order, it is the changing icon with Vid0's 7zSD_ar.sfx file, if yu delete the icon the yu get the error of not walid win32 application

Sure, i will just upgrade Vid0's AR by adding one more dll file, i use only this version, it works great, i could have done smaller, but i didn't because 100KB is not very much, in this case i have changed the installer icon, which looks better than Vid0, well that is what i think.... :lol::P

Edited by maniaq

Wow I read this entire post from when it was started back in March I think, you guys have done a wonderfull job outting all this together. Congrats to all your efforts. I gotta say I liked the original one dexter did it was small and installed quickly and I really didnt see a problem, only that it only installed on for the local user.

I will try the reader703.exe and see how that works. I don't mind the size since i am placing it on a DVD.

What I do want to know is how to incoperate it into the RunInceEx.cmd file. If you guys can tell me that it would be great thanks.

Thanks in a advance,

Vid0, I tried to replace your 7zSD_AR.sfx's icon with the original icons from 7zSD.sfx using ResHacker. so how do i 'properly' change the icon?

7zSD_AR.sfx is my manually optimized file and it can't be edited by ResHacker. Icon must be changed before optimization or you will end with broken exe file.
i didn't because 100KB is not very much, in this case i have changed the installer icon, which looks better than Vid0
I don't care about how nice an icon looks like, because this is an unattended installer and it is intended to run automatically on Windows setup. Nobody will see it anyway. I've used smallest and pretty good looking icon for it (3kb of wasted space anyway :realmad:) Or, if you don't care about size - just use standard 7z sfx and any icon you want.

I've released two versions. They work well on my Unattended CD. Sorry, I’ve no time to waste on further optimization now. Someday later, maybe. Here they are in one place:

Adobe Reader 7.0.3 English Lite Unattended 6Mb uploaded here: http://rapidshare.de/files/4076049/AR703.exe.html

The AcroForm.api file fixed by 7.0.3 update is not a part of Adobe Reader Lite Unattended. So there is no big difference between 7.0.2 Lite and 7.0.3 Lite except version number & repacking to squeeze few kilobytes even more.

Version with msvcp71.dll & no desktop icon 6.09Mb: http://rapidshare.de/files/4123843/ar703a.exe.html

But for my Unattended Windows XP CD I'll not use this bigger version, because, the missing (when installing on clean Windows) msvcp71.dll file is installed by another application and there is no need to duplicate it twice here.

I'm using ryanvm's switchless installer ~ 20mb

RyanVM's version is very good, except size and speed. I made Lite version only because of lack of space on my CD. Also because all Adobe Reader Speed-Up programs will delete these very rarely used plug-ins. So I thought - way to waste space on these plug-ins inside installer? :) Edited by Vid0