Adobe Acrobat Reader 7 Lite - 5 MB Only!

[deXter]

Adobe Reader 7.0.5 English Lite Unattended 6Mb uploaded here: http://rapidshare.de/files/6381465/AR705.exe.html

This version is without msvcr71.dll library file. This file is missed intentionally to reduce size of the installer. AR705.EXE will not work or even install on clean Windows XP. Why I removed this file? Because it's a very common DLL library and it is installed by other applications like Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 or K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.38. So you must install Adobe Reader Lite AFTER these applications on your Unattended CD.

EDIT:

If you really need a version with msvcr71.dll inside, here it is (6.1Mb):

http://rapidshare.de/files/6399413/AR705a.exe.html

Edited by Vid0

any chance of getting a maniaq version with all the required dll's in for 7.05.

Their is very little size difference between the one with and without the dll so id rather have the one with the dll

any chance of getting a maniaq version with all the required dll's in for 7.05.

Their is very little size difference between the one with and without the dll so id rather have the one with the dll

please wait.... i am going to make it soon

can anyone upload Vid0's ar705 to www.megaupload.com

Edited by maniaq

Me too,

thanx Vid for the Lite veriosn with that little DLL file,

but can you put us in the view but telling us what did you remove exactly and what options still there?

for instance, what about clicking links into Internet browser?

Edited by Wesmosis

but can you put us in the view but telling us what did you remove exactly and what options still there?
Lite is Lite. There is left only absolutely minimum necessary to read pdf files quickly and left features like search, weblink and internet browser support. Everything else was removed. When installed Lite version takes less then 20Mb of you disk space compared to default >100Mb waste of space.

This version is without msvcr71.dll library file.
Vid0, thanks for the work and quick job in updating to the new 7.0.5 version but considering that msvcr71.dll is only 175k after you zip it, and your whole pack is already 6megs, perhaps you're drawing the line in the sand too early.

If a 56K dial up user can wait 20minutes to download your 6meg pack, he can wait the extra 35secs to get (iow 3% more time) to get a file that might be vital. You'll definitely spend more than 35secs trying to track down the file if you need it.

I'd rather you shoot for "lite & complete" rather than "lite & cross your fingers".

PS for Vid0: you should update your original post (if allowed) and point to the new 7.0.5 release so people don't grab an outdated & insecure Acrobat.

Edited by Rhelic

however your 'AR705.exe' reboots immediately after the installation of AR705 is finished :(
On clean XP or you try to upgrade from previous version? Sorry, I can't reproduce this behavior by myself.

...but considering that msvcr71.dll is only 175k after you zip it, and your whole pack is already 6megs, perhaps you're drawing the line in the sand too early.
I make it for my Unattended MultiBoot CD with 6 versions of Windows XP SP2 + all post SP2 updates by RyanVM, more than 700Mb (uppacked) of drivers by Bāshrat the Sneaky, MUI pack, Symantec AV CE, FAR, WinRAR, 7z, Acrobat Reader, CCleaner, DaemonTools, FinePrint, pdfFactory, Sun Java 2 Runtime, K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, .NET Framework 1.1 SP1, TTF fonts, PartitionMagic, memtest86+, Drive Image, Easy Recovery and event working Windows 3.1 & Linux floppies… When you try to squeeze all of this to a single 700Mb CD, you’ll count every free byte, every free sector on CD. And because I consistently updating this CD - it's important for me to get as small as possible releases to squeeze them back to CD.