Unattended Site Updated!

Update Complete

The bulk of the new site has been put in place, and should now be accessible to all.

Let me know what you think!!

Find any broken links, let me know. Any comments, feel free to leave em.

Feel free to browse the new portions :)

Next update will be in the coming week or so, to add the Application Switches and Registry Tweaks.

Looks good Alanoll, this is really the definative guide to UA Windows. B)

I really like the Beginning, Intermediate & Advanced categories.

The Reference section seems to be a lot more comprehensive as well.

Keep up the good work. :)

home -> changelog - 404 - fixed

home -> sitemap - 404 - fixed - soon

beginning users -> step 1 -> manual way - why is there a picture of the servicepack extracting when you copy over files from a cd? fixed

beginning users -> step 2 -> manual way - why did you shrink those two messagebox at the very end and linked it? guess for saving space but it looks awfull ;)fixed

intermediate users -> methods of install -> runonceex - there's just a C in the headline of the page - fixed

intermediate users -> device drivers -> drivers from cd :

1) you mentioned only that the drivers dont have to be part of the $OEM$ structure but maybe it is necessary to mention that the advantage of the drivers from cd is gone if you put it into $OEM$ as this would copy the drivers to hdd again

2) the download for SETUP.EX_ does not work fixed

3) in the explanation "expand C:\XPCD\SETUP.EX_ C:\XPCD\SETUPORG.EXE" doesnt it has to be C:\XPCD\I386\SETUP.EX_ or C:\XPCD\AMD64\SETUP.EX_ or whatever system strcuture you're installing on? fixed

4) the string to search for in txtsetup.sif is not "setup.exe = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,,1,2" but "setup.exe = 100,,,,,,,2,0,0,,1,2" - different number of spaces. if i search for the pattern from the guide it wont find anything. maybe thats not so good for beginning intermediate users ;) edit: ah, d**n, the forum removes useless whitespaces. so just check it in your txtsetup.sif.

intermediate users -> applications -> office -> advanced - be sure to keep the list of hotfixes updated as it will be outdated soon. maybe you should just describe the usage of msi patch once and then refer to the office update thread in the forum as you did with windows hotfixes. but thats just my opinion.

intermediate users -> applications -> install systems (inno, installshield, nsis, etc.) - keep the style of linking pictures from the rest of the pages for those pages, too. just cosmetic, no errors or something.

advanced users -> advanced methods of install -> introduction - the pictures are squeezed terribly. make the thumbnails better (bilinear or bicubic resizing) and keep the aspect ratio.

reference -> downloads - there is no whitespace between the links for wmp9 and wmp10 - fixed

all in all a very good and needed update. keep up the good work.

one thing that i dont feel so comfortable with is the window style on the screenshot. i guess its your favorite theme but for the guide i guess it would be better if the screenshots were taken with windows classic look. this saves some space on the pictures and compresses them better as there arent so many color fadings. again this is cosmetic and perhaps just my feeling.

did aaron have no time anymore to maintain the site or why did he give the job away? just for interest :)

Superb work, Alanoll! B) :thumbup

But the small page about my DriverPacks isn't exactly up-to-date ;)

DriverPack WLAN is already outthere...

DriverPack Graphics should be (coming verysoon)

and

DriverPack Chipset (coming soon)

The worm attack thingie is also fixed ;)

Just out of curiosity: if you estimate it, how long have you been working on this update in hours?

But the small page about my DriverPacks isn't exactly up-to-date ;)

Just out of curiosity: if you estimate it, how long have you been working on this update in hours?

Thanks for letting me know! :)

That page was written back when you're website was down. And you never got me an icon

As for hours....

what section?

Estimate - over 150 I'm sure. I kinda lost track

I've also been testing RyanVM's new update packs, as well as the new XPlode. I went digging through WINNTBBU (as you may have notcied) and take over 150 screenshots throughout. Just think, the page still isn't fully operational.

The site without the additional downloads is 10MBs in size, which is just HTML and images. Later,I'll look up the statistics of the exact number of each.

@eirogge

Sitemap wasn't ever finished :P It will be when I put up the PDF later though

I coudn't find what you're talking about with the setup.exe. That's the exact line from my txtsetup.sif. I'll look again later

The links were bad because I tested on a Windows system, and the server is linux, so case sensitivity bit me in the butt.

advanced users -> advanced methods of install -> introduction - the pictures are squeezed terribly. make the thumbnails better (bilinear or bicubic resizing) and keep the aspect ratio.
Getting fixed as we speak.
one thing that i dont feel so comfortable with is the window style on the screenshot. i guess its your favorite theme but for the guide i guess it would be better if the screenshots were taken with windows classic look. this saves some space on the pictures and compresses them better as there arent so many color fadings. again this is cosmetic and perhaps just my feeling.

You may notice there is a transition at the moment from my style to classic. To be honest, I really didn't think of it.

@Astalavista

ummm....

Next update will be in the coming week or so, to add the Application Switches and Registry Tweaks.

I'll be rewriting the introduction page a little bit more later (I typed it last night at about midnight) with more styling and stuff.

Hi all, thank you for this great job.i liked advanced tab very very much but i think there are some errors.

on page http://unattended.msfn.org/advanced/cosmet...lboard/text.htm

before tab "Changing the Font" syssetup.dll and winnt32u.dll has written wrong.

1064 and 1065 resorces are under winnt32u.dll and 1179 & 1180 are under syssetup.dll

Hope you correct them very quickly.

Thanks