It has been 7 years since Win98 was released

un4given1

Yes, for me "learning curve" means "bad" because realy professional software should have easy and fast interface to work faster.

Adobe Premiere is used by professionals because it can do a few things that other softwares can't do but if I was a professional I would use it only for these few things and would choose other programs whenever it's possible.

100% wrong?

Why is Adobe Premiere so usless (in DivX Encoding) by hitrack

Argh ......

Forums > DivX Software > DivX Encoding

17 January 2005 10:38 PM

DiVX crashes Premiere 5.1 for PC (in DivX Product Feedback) by Dearmad

When I go to render out a movie from Premiere using the current DiVX PRO codec- I hit COnfigure, the......

Forums > Feedback and Suggestions > DivX Product Feedback

30 December 2004 11:57 PM

Divx wont show in Premiere Pro (in DivX Newbies) by showtime32

hi, i imported a divx video into premiere, and i cant see anything or hear any sound in the sequence......

Forums > General > DivX Newbies

21 November 2004 04:24 AM

Div X and Premiere Pro (in DivX Encoding) by folani

Will there be a patch released soon in order to make div x compatible with premiere pro?...

08 March 2004 01:51 PM

Premiere PRO crashed (in DivX Encoding) by alb460

Hi all. I'm trying to edit a Divx movie with Premier PRO (on WinXP Prof Sp1 full upfate; P4 1.7 Ghz,......

06 March 2004 07:29 PM

How to edit dvix movie in premiere pro? (in DivX Encoding) by jevons

I always found an error when I were importing dvix files in premiere pro. I already install dvix pr......

27 February 2004 09:35 AM

Divx Pro 5.0.2 with Adobe Premiere 6.5 (in DivX Encoding) by igotit

I can't find Divx Pro 5.0.2 in the compressor list in Adobe Premiere 6.5 after I installed it. Neith......

12 January 2004 05:48 PM

Divx Pro 5.0.2 in Adobe Premiere 6.5 (in DivX Encoding) by igotit

I installed Divx Pro 5.0.2. But I can't find it as a compressor in Adobe Premiere 6.5. My OS is Wind......

12 January 2004 05:46 PM

Using Divx with Premiere (in DivX Encoding) by lost

Can I make a Divx video with my Adobe Primiere? If so how?...

07 January 2004 07:44 AM

Encoding using DivX with Adobe Premiere (in DivX Encoding) by jim walker

I have Premiere 6 and I downloaded and installed the DivX freeware. For the life of me I can't find ......

03 January 2004 05:00 AM

Premiere Pro and DiVX results in screwed video (in DivX Encoding) by saml

I've been making movies in Premiere 6.5 and encoding with the latest DiVX codecs for quite a while, ......

31 December 2003 04:33 PM

Problem with Divx 5.1 Pro and Premiere 6.5 (in DivX Encoding) by XenonTech

When I start encoding my video in Premiere 6.5 to a divx avi, the feedback window shows up, but ther......

04 December 2003 05:20 PM

Premiere Error, PLEASE HELP (in DivX Encoding) by Delta7

Hello, I'm using Adobe Premiere to attempt to compress a file into AVI using DivX 5.1.1. When I tr......

04 December 2003 04:12 AM

DivX codec and Premiere Pro incompatibility (in DivX Encoding) by eneilb

11 November 2003 11:43 PM

I'm struggling to understand how I install DivX codec into Adobe Premiere Pro

09 November 2003 06:50 AM

Rederingproblem Premiere XP and DIVX (in DivX Encoding) by spicehegi

05 November 2003 07:48 AM

Fatal error by encoding divx out premiere xp (in DivX Encoding) by spicehegi

03 November 2003 03:42 PM

Problem exporting Divx from Premiere (in DivX Encoding) by nicco

28 October 2003 03:15 PM

Importing Divx video in premiere?? (in DivX Encoding) by meestho

23 October 2003 05:12 PM

Premiere crashing (in General Discussions) by ILLRobinson

20 October 2003 03:41 PM

Every time I export a video file using divx it becomes blocky and corrupted.

10 October 2003 05:30 AM

and many many many more...

http://forums.divx.com/eve/ubb.x?a=search&...0&search=Search

-sorry for the long post-

Then tell me how I was able to view a DivX source that I ripped, edit clips in DivX, and export my final works in DivX? I think there were just a lot of people who just couldn't figure it out. Premiere isn't meant for newbies. The software is in no way impossible to use. Once you know what everything does it's very easy to use. You can't really dumb down professional level linear editing software...

You can't really dumb down professional level linear editing software...

Amen. :yes:
I was a professional I would use it only for these few things and would choose other programs whenever it's possible.

A professional buys the tools he uses. Anyone who has to spend the kind of money that adobe premiere demands, has to be doing pretty high-end jobs. Lastly, one who has paid for his software will stop at nothing to use it to its fullest extent. You wouldn't buy program X for half a grand, and then use a freeware for something programX can do - you would instead weigh in on the support channel to make a patch that makes that errant function better than the best in market.

Well I had a 98se install on a p3 500 mhz with 40 gb hdd and 256 mb ram with a 64 mb geforce 2 vdo card. That was fast when it came out but kept crashing like crazy. So I put WinXP Sp2 in it and it is completely untweaked right now but dang that thing runs fast and stable. I was shocked that I was able to resuscitate that machine and make it run the way it runs now. My sister now uses that machine and loves it. I think XP was a better choice. And nLIte is a sweet tool to use with XP. Just get rid of all the driver crud on the OS install and install only the drivers you need and you are set. My 2 cents.

Anyone who has to spend the kind of money that adobe premiere demands, has to be doing pretty high-end jobs..You wouldn't buy program X for half a grand

Is that how much Premiere costs?

That's about how much Win XP costs.

Do you think if I just want to surf the web, I have no reasonable choice but to buy OS with a professional-level price tag? I have to shell out as much money as a professional video-editor?!

Or should I buy an OS at a garage sale for $10 that works just as well? Do I really need Resultant Set of Policy to play a game on my PC? Do I need Integrated CD-burning in order to download Nero?

The OS is made to work for everyone... If there's a tool on it you don't need, then don't use it! Windows XP can be bought for right around $250. Preimere is nearly $800 (I believe, last time I checked) If an OS allows you to enjoy your time on your PC, and you use it for lets say 4 years, is it not worth the ~$63 you pay a year for it? If you are too cheap to dedicate $63 a year to the one item in your life that you find enjoyment using, be it play games or surf the web... then switch to Linux...

Exactly my point. :)

XP is not at all costly especially if you look at XP home. As such, those choosing an older version just because of the price are shooting themselves in the foot.

$80. 4 years of operation.

Come on.... $20 per year is soooo low-cost for what you get!

As for those who feel a loss of pride in not using XP Pro, let it be known that pro has all the features that the normal user doesn't need. The home edition has all that win98 gives and more, added in with stability and the assurance of being a supported OS.... what more could one want?