MCT

What do u think of it?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What do u think of it?

• Great
    • Ok
    • Its ok I wouldnt use it though
    • It Sucks!

I really like MSAS... I used Giant before MS bought it and I think it is best antispyware SW on market...

Only one "problem" is it takes pieces of SW as spyware - for example after uninstalling FlashGet it still mark it as spyware, but this is good for variants of spyware.

One thing I am really looking forward to is Microsoft AntiSpyware Enterprise edition

As long as they don't start charging for it, I'll think it's OK or maybe great even.

It did find stuff Adaware didn't, but then again, the things it found I perceived to be relatively harmless B)

I agree with that, and possibly make the spy/adware definitions part of windows critical updates

Of course, it should be an optional component for the sake of those who would rather have something different :angel

in my two test it only found items not found by Spybot & Adaware. Some of its features are interesting. I think that M$ best option is to offer a free and pay version like Lavasoft does for Adaware.

it's the same thing as giants antispyware just different wording and it doesen't have a subscription on it yet but giants does,it's ok but i wouldn't use it as i use giants antispyware instead,also during my test this and giant picked uo the same and picked up more than ad-aware,i tried it on my laptop n it found 70 adware like kazza n stuff that was uninstalled n gone that ad-ware missed but was picked up by both this and giants antispyware

• 2 weeks later...

Used it to remove a browser hijack..and it isint bad..but wat i dont like is that M$ is planning to charge for it after the beta period. They should be giving it free especially when it is used to correct systems infected due to loopholes in their own software!