Slipstreaming Windows Media Player 10

Hi! I've slipstreamed WMP 10 (all files, no components deleted) and it works perfectly.

But I'd like to view the mini-player (when you minimize WMP).

When I right-ckick on the task bar, this option isn't available, even if I modify the TaskBarWinXP key to activate it.

Any ideas ?

I tried to look at some reg keys, but unfortunately no success.

Thanks in advance :D

I just did it after intergrating sp2 to gold copy of xp pro. Changed nothing. Just simple unattend file with no batch file or nothing.

And still the same problem. :(

So its not the pack or nlite. WTF ???

You're not the only one that hasn't got it working :P

I also tried everything: with or without nLite, with or without RyanVM's pack, unattended or normal install.....nothing.

WMP didn't get installed.

Hmm...seems like Windows XP setup verifies wmp.in_ authenticity. In that case, then it seems like I cant automatically apply the registry entries without the hivesys.inf file, which is huge. Anyway, im sorry that i didnt test that build first. I've reuploaded the old TESTED version without the registry change.

Hi! I've slipstreamed WMP 10 (all files, no components deleted) and it works perfectly.

But I'd like to view the mini-player (when you minimize WMP).

When I right-ckick on the task bar, this option isn't available, even if I modify the TaskBarWinXP key to activate it.

Any ideas ?

I tried to look at some reg keys, but unfortunately no success.

Thanks in advance  :D

I finally got it. It's not a registry entry.

To add the option "Windows Media Player" in the taskbar, just register one dll :

regsvr32 C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpband.dll
To disable the annoying box which shows you how to enable the mini-player mode, just add this key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]

"ShowMinimizeDialog"=dword:00000000

But, does anyone know how to enable the mini-player mode ?

I tried RegShot and it doesn't seem to be a reg key like prathapml said (TaskBarWinXP) :

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=36439&hl=

Any ideas ? ;)

When I do the config manually, I mean the box you normally get when I open WMP for the fisrt time, I can enable the mini-player mode trough the task bar. So everything seems to be correct. Thank you Obliviator for your tutorial.

But I think I have to register wmpband.dll only because I configure WMP trough my reg tweaks file. I'd bet Astalavista uses tweaks like me and that's why he can't see this option either.

So, my conclusion is that it isn't WMP installation routine which registers wmpband.dll, but WMP initial config box.

But how to enable WMP mini-player mode (still the same un-answered question) ?

Again, I tried everything with the reuploaded files and I still can't get it to work.

@Obliviator,

could you explain what steps you take to integrate WMP10?

Do you use RyanVM's Update Pack?

Or nLite?

EDIT:

Finally, I got it working!

I don't know how or why, but removing the account pictures prior to installation messed up the WMP10 slipstreaming and also Outlook Express?!

After keeping them everything worked perfect :thumbup

I copy everything from my slipstreamed XP SP2 cd to my HD. Then i download the file and extract it into my I386 directory. And i burn it onto a new disk and reinstall. Of course i dont do any other changes in case they might interfere with it.