Change requests - new ideas - wishlist

I've just an idea, but i don't know if it would interest many people and if it's makable... Can you make a version of this soft with many useful freewares inside?

So then we'll be able to use this version without modifying it , or just a litte to add our own programs...

Thx man for your soft , it's great ;)

First of all, thanx for a excellent progg...even a old geezer like me could get it together in a coupla days :thumbup

I have a "request":

I would like to have a option to copy up a script/batch together with a shortcut at either the desktop or startmenu that has a generated path to that particular CD and those apps that you havent yet installed.

So when you have the need you click that WPI icon and are asked to insert named disc and you get that interface up again and this time a batch or similar gets generated instead of using RunOnceEx...ahhh, that would be sweet! :D

I know I'm stretching it here, I have no knowledge of any language actually...thats why I belive this can be done I guess ;)

There is a different way to go about it...and thats to spawn runonce multiple times.

In your batch file basically fill the runonce reg entry will all the programs you wish to do for a section, then call "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" to execute that section. Then simply repopulate the runonce entry again, followed again with the above call...rinse and repeat, as needed.

The end result is seeing runonce execute with say a list of CD\DVD apps...and installing them...then runonce will disappear and a new runonce will appear but this time say with Data Recovery software, so on and so forth.

It doesn't give you sub menu's...but it does greatly clean up the look of things.

How about including this in WPI

one runonceex window per section. Eg. System, Drivers, Applications, Utilities...

• 2 weeks later...

Well ive noticed something about installing applications such as wpi. I was wondering if a code could be written or use an exe in Wpi itself which would not allow the pc to restart after certain program instillations. I have had a problem with this for a while and I beleive Ive checked all my programs and my wpi still restart's twice and Ive checked the programs it's currently installing when it happens and Ive had no such problem, I was using the UAP2 player to listen to music when these problems occured could that be a problem?

Presently when your config is generated and produces so many columns.

I at the moment , do not create catagories, it there a way to modify the columns so that it generates your apps equally among columns.

for instance right now when my theme loads it fills the first column then the second and finall the third. However there are only a couple of apps in the third column

So for example say I have 77apps, so can it show 26 in the first 26 in the second and 25 in the third.

• 4 months later...

Yesterday, I recognized, that the variable %temp% is not defined in WPI. %cdrom% and %systemdrive% and so on are defined. Could the variable %temp% be integrated into the next WPI version, because I need it for some of my cmd lines. Would be great. Is it possible?

• 1 year later...

WPI running from a Network Share: I have a problem with %REBOOT% (or any setup.exe causing a reboot).

After the reboot and logging in again, there is a blank window with the title "Z:\Common\Installer.hta". You have to close this window manually, and the login then continues as it should.

However, when starting WPI, there is the window with "WPI has detected a previous installation that has not completed. Would you like to continue the installation? - OK or CANCEL" -

• OK: you get the blank "Z:\Common\installer.hta" window again
  • Cancel: WPI works normally again

In the code windows: an example using %REBOOT%, and the command file to use WPI from a network share ...

prog[pn]=['Daemon Tools v3.47'];
ordr[pn]=[15];
desc[pn]=['<BR><B><u>Virtual cd & dvd-rom emulator.</u></B><P>DAEMON Tools is able to emulate nearly all known copy protections on the market today.</P><UL><LI> First, the latest SPTD driver v1.38 as of per 2006-11-25 is installed<LI> <FONT color=red>REBOOT</FONT> is done after this install!!!<LI> [ FREEWARE ]<LI> Silent install: see http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t60690.html<LI> HOME: http://www.daemon-tools.cc and http://www.duplexsecure.com<LI> Harddisk space taken: <FONT color=blue>? MB</FONT><LI> <B>STATUS</B> 2006-11-25: <B><FONT color=blue>TEST</FONT></B><LI> <FONT color=red>TODO: REBOOT issue</FONT></UL>'];

uid[pn]=['DAEMONTLS3'];
dflt[pn]=['yes'];
cat[pn]=['UTILITIES'];
forc[pn]=['no'];
configs[pn]=['NOK,Office-PC,MultiMedia-PC,GAME-PC'];
cond[pn]=['FileExists("%WPIpath%\\Install\\Utilities\\CD-DVD\\DaemonTools\\3\\3.47.msi") && FileExists("%WPIpath%\\Install\\Utilities\\CD-DVD\\SPTD-driver\\SPTDinst-v138-x86.exe")'];
gcond[pn]=['FileExists("%ProgramFiles%\\D-Tools\\daemon.exe")'];
cmd1[pn]=['"%WPIpath%\\Install\\Utilities\\CD-DVD\\SPTD-driver\\SPTDinst-v138-x86.exe" add /q'];
cmd2[pn]=['"%WPIpath%\\Install\\Utilities\\CD-DVD\\DaemonTools\\3\\3.47.msi" /passive /norestart Reboot=ReallySuppress /qn'];
cmd3[pn]=['"%WPIpath%\\Install\\Utilities\\CD-DVD\\DaemonTools\\SHORTCUTS.cmd"'];
cmd6[pn]=['%REBOOT%'];
picf[pn]=['DaemonTools.png'];
picw[pn]=['80'];
pich[pn]=['80'];
textl[pn]=['Bottom'];
pn++;

Batchfile WPI.cmd:

@ECHO OFF
:::::
SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

::::: parameters used during unattended installations
set CONFIGWPI=%1
set TIMEOUT=%2
:IF "%TIMEOUT%"=="" set TIMEOUT=120

::::: make copy of the last WPI logfile before it is overwritten
copy C:\WPI_Log.txt C:\temp.log
echo ------------------------------->>C:\temp.log
type C:\wpi_all.log >>C:\temp.log
MOVE /Y C:\temp.log C:\wpi_all.log

::::: where is WPI ?
set SOURCE=
:) First and fastest: on local HDD or an USBdevice or a DVD maybe?
FOR %%d IN (c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z) DO IF EXIST %%d:\WPI SET SOURCE=%%d:\WPI
IF NOT "%SOURCE%"=="" GOTO SOURCE_OK

:) Last resort: on a networkshare maybe?
IF %LOGONSERVER%==\\DCwork FOR %%d IN (\\PC23 \\FILESERVER) DO IF EXIST %%d\WPI SET SOURCE=%%d\WPI&& GOTO SOURCE_OK

FOR %%d IN ( \\HOMEPC1 \\myPC ) DO IF EXIST %%d\WPI SET SOURCE=%%d\WPI&& GOTO SOURCE_OK

:NOK!
echo No WPI found !
IF NOT "%1"=="" echo No WPI found ! >> C:\GuiRunOnce.log
IF NOT "%1"=="" GOTO END_WPI_CMD
echo Press ENTER to EXIT ...
pause
EXIT

:SOURCE_OK
echo SOURCE: %SOURCE%
pause
IF NOT EXIST %Windir%\system32\xxmklink.exe COPY /Y %SOURCE%\install\$OEM$\$$\system32\XXMKLINK.EXE %Windir%\system32\
IF NOT EXIST %Windir%\system32\TASKKILL.exe COPY /Y %SOURCE%\install\$OEM$\$$\system32\taskkill.exe %Windir%\system32\
IF NOT EXIST %Windir%\system32\robocopy.exe COPY /Y %SOURCE%\install\$OEM$\$$\system32\robocopy.exe %Windir%\system32\

PUSHD %SOURCE%
WPI.hta options=useroptions_unattended.js check=%CONFIGWPI% timer=%TIMEOUT%
POPD

::::: Sort Start Menu and Favorites in Alphabetical Order
@reg DELETE HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MenuOrder /f

:END_WPI_CMD