Half-Life2 Released Tomarrow (November 16th)

Synapse

*WARNING NON BROADBAND USERS* 12 meg trailer.... Click Here

Half-Life 2 to Ship to Retail Outlets Globally This Holiday Season

I've been personally waiting for this since last year. but as we know the source got leaked... after viewing the trailer i got my doubts on buying the game now. I just wasn't impressed by the trailer. After looking on my backup hard drive i got a trailer from gamespy thats about 500 megs... and the graphics look better on that version... also.. on the 500 meg trailer i got from gamespy.. the crowbar blood splatter was the same as it was in Half-Life1 :( i'm sure they fixed it now though. ;)

but anywho.. knowing me i'll go out and buy the game lol. I like the Half-Life story too much to just scrap it cause the graphics weren't A++++.. i'll settle for A+++ :rolleyes:

waiting too... maybe someday we can play online together :thumbup

If you see a guy named "Bi0haZarD" running around with a crowbar trying to kill people that would be me :P

doubt my Geforce 4 MX440 could even handle the "Main Menu" yet alone the game lol. :rolleyes:

What's up

I am a gaming junky and I absolutely fell in love with HL 1 and it really wasn't the single player game as much as the mods that did it especially Team Fortress Classic. My gripe is this (same as Doom3 and Halo for X Box) how do you take this long to come out with a game ( I know about the code, but the original was made 6-7 years ago) that dominates the market, there's no excuse. They have been talking about Team fortress Classic 2(mod of HL) coming out for 5 years then it just went away. Halo2 was taking advanced orders the Christmas before last. Then you got games like Battle field 1942, Digital Illusions came out with the best online 1st person shooter there is to date (my opinion) and revolutionized the genre with the incorporation of vehicles. They have come out with 2 mods the community came out with Dessert Combat, and Battle Field Vietnam in less than two years (that's how it's done). Not to mention they are coming out with Battle Field2 in the spring and none of these games will hang with the ground breaking features that are being incorporated (destroyable environment, capture streaming vid in game and edit it) HL2 would have been a great game if it came out 3 years ago but i don't think it's going to bring anything besides some new kinda cool weapons and graphics to the table. Don't get me wrong I'll probably buy it, but I feel to little to late (link to BF2)

I'll belive it when i see it!

HL2 has been the most pushed back game i have ever seen!

Truthfully with all this hype i think they may have set themselves up for some big time let downs.

Im not doubting the game will be good, but they have created too much expectations out of it.

And the whole Direct disto thru Steam...im not sure thats really a great system, seeing as only a small percentage of people have cable or DSL.

But i guess thats just my 2 cents.

I look foward to playing it but in my eyes First person shooters are getting rather dawnting

|Drew|

Hey guys, does someone know, how HL² will work with GeForce cards? Especially with the 6800's. I heard that Valve recommends ATI cards but are there any benchmark results available right now?

All because I'm ordering my components for my new PC these days and I want HL² to run friggin good :yes:

I'll belive it when i see it!

HL2 has been the most pushed back game i have ever seen!

And the whole Direct disto thru Steam...im not sure thats really a great system, seeing as only a small percentage of people have cable or DSL.

|Drew|

3 words:

Duke Nukem Forever

its been in development now for 7 years. and they sold more copies thru steam than retail ~5% or something. ill have to see if i can dig up the link.

rolfenstein, im running a pny 6800gt(a64 3200+ 130nm, 1 gig mushkin pc3500 LVL II) and the game just flies. in the cs:s stress test i get 117 fps with all in game options cranked, high quality in cp, 4xaa, 8xaf in 1024x768.

I'm still personally unsure of how I went form killing those electric dudes to them charging me up.....

Your dog picture is kinda dark.

And those things in Ravenholm are kinda....spooky. But fun to cut with the saw blades. lol.

Where did you get your first two shots? I don't remember them. Maybe I'm not there yet....lol.

Where did you get your first two shots? I don't remember them. Maybe I'm not there yet....lol.

1st one is way at the start, you dont even have a HEV suit yet. the second one is kinda by the start of the airboat segment.

anandtech and [t]ardocp have relesed their own timedemo's. kinda fun to play with. found out that im pretty cpu limited. with 4xaa/8xaf @10x7 on anands canal demo i get 94fps, turn off aa/af and that number jumps all the way up to....... 105 :D