winamp gone?

lilweirddude

That does really suck. Maybe 5.05 will be the real "final" version. I'll continue using it anyways, but it's sad to see the best player die. Thanks AOL :realmad:

The only good side about that is, I guess I can finally make a all-in-one winamp pack, with winamp 5.05 customized how i want it, with DFX (and possibly MuchFX/RockSteady too), ASIO/KS plugins and everything else (all preconfigured)... As nothing will change anymore :(

[edit] I just peeked at potential replacements and I guess I'll be using winamp 5.05 10 years from now... (foobar2k made me think "WTF is that? Is that even a music player?" and while iTunes seemed at least like some sort of a music player, it reminded me too much of windows media player or other jukebox type apps, takes all the screen, categorizes everything... plus long setup, background tasks and everything - no thanks)

really sucks but they were not getting payed i'd assume bc i haven't bought winamp and not using the pro features and its been free the whole time

what I'd think would be nice is to put it on sourceforge and let others develop the program...

really sucks but they were not getting payed i'd assume bc i haven't bought winamp and not using the pro features and its been free the whole time

what I'd think would be nice is to put it on sourceforge and let others develop the program...

It was bought by AOL. So I'm pretty sure the money from buying the pro features went to AOL's pockets, and that way, they can't release the source either and couldn't be used in other apps otherwise either (unlike you don't care, like m$ taking code from sound forge 4.5 :lol:) The coders all quitting seems to be due to them being trapped in a big corporation environment, and lawyers that don't want them to do anything so AOL doesn't get sued and such...

we can use foobar2000.....

You can have it, I'll stick to winamp...

@Tarun 5.05 is still on their website and most likely will still be for quite a while. But as for 2.95 I'm sure some ppl would appreciate as v2 has not been available for quite a while now

sad news... f**kin AOL screws up everything... I will always have and use Winamp till the day i die.

"Winamp Winamp Winamp.... Mother tested Llama approved"

"Winamp Winamp.... It really Whips the llama's a$$"

the 2 sound files that have embeded themselves into my brain.

"Winamp Winamp Winamp.... Mother tested Llama approved"

"Winamp Winamp.... It really Whips the llama's a$$"

the 2 sound files that have embeded themselves into my brain.

amen!

i've heard that sounds from 1.0 alpha, until i could understand what they mean.

it's a pain for every mp3 lover, foobar can't fill the space left by winamp :no:

I personally hate Winamp, it can barely play anything, if you want a player that does both video and audio (just about ANY format) and is skinnable, get JetAudio at www.jetaudio.com

That's a lot better than foobar2000 or iTunes imho, but still not quite Winamp (as far as audio files go, video wise, it doesn't rank my fav players) . Even if development stops, I doubt I'll ever stop using it. Winamp ROCKS!