HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Possibly a stoopid (or already asked) question, but...

Why is the list of patches in reverse chronological order? I'd love to simply copy and paste the contents of the first post into my svcpack.inf, but aren't you supposed to apply them in chronological order? If so, you have to shuffle the entire list around from top to bottom in order to get them in the right order.

Hopefully, I'm wrong, the existing list works great, and nobody needs to change a thing... but I don't think so...

- John

It doesn't matter. Hotfixes are smart enough these days to check file versions and only update a file if newer ;)
@straffin

Heh.  Yes, it is in reverse order (numerical, not chronological, though they're basically the same).  I imagine that's just the way things went as items were added.

KB number has nothing to do with release date.

It doesn't matter. Hotfixes are smart enough these days to check file versions and only update a file if newer ;)

Ah, good to know, as I was worried about those visitors that would miss reading the later warnings to "put them in numerical order!"

KB number has nothing to do with release date.

Yes, I'm aware of that, hence why I said "numerical, not chronological". What I should have said was they're "basically the same, except for those hotfixes that have been updated since initial release."

BTW, nice job with your integratable update pack. Though I can't use it for my CD, I did give it a try and it cuts the install time waaay down. :thumbup

Thank you Phoenyx, I almost forgot they are releasing an updated version even this month...

KB890830 -› Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool V1.2 (3/8/2005)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...b3-75b8eb148356

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemovalTools\MRT" /v "Version" /t REG_SZ /d "F8327EEF-52AA-439A-9950-CE33CF0D4FDD" /f

Hi :)

I created my unhattended XP SP2 with all the hotfixes in 1st page...problem is, i forgot to add WMP10 :blushing:

can i create another ISO adding only WMP without doing all the steps again (add SP2, add hotfix etc)?

and which method do i need to follow?

GuiRunOnce,cmdlines.txt or svcpack.inf ?

thx in advance :)