[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

Well, if the extraction process is the only part that gives you the problem, why don't you try installing from the extracted files.? It is actually the same. The only disadvantage is you will have a bigger file in your disc. ;)

There are several ways to know if the problem is because of the RAR file, or because of VMWare. One is installing your RARed setup on your system using the command prompt. If you still get the same error, then most likely the problem is because of the RAR file.

Personally, I prefer Virtual PC instead of VMWare. VMWare is MUCH faster, but Virtual PC is more stable.

i already tried unrared , still same error ..
I don't get it.. I thought the error happens during the extratction process..? But anyway, If you already extracted the files and installed it on your system, but you still get the same error, there must be something wrong with your installation files. Go back to the step 1 of Simon's guide.
not stable? never did problems to me :\

I never said that. Im just telling my PERSONAL opinion about these two softwares. VMWare works faster for me, and Virtual PC works slowly but surely. I also had a problem installing Nero using VMWare, but not on VPC and on my real pc.

i already tried unrared , still same error ..

I don't get it.. I thought the error happens during the extratction process..? But anyway, If you already extracted the files and installed it on your system, but you still get the same error, there must be something wrong with your installation files. Go back to the step 1 of Simon's guide.

not stable? never did problems to me :\
I never said that. Im just telling my PERSONAL opinion about these two softwares. VMWare works faster for me, and Virtual PC works slowly but surely. I also had a problem installing Nero using VMWare, but not on VPC and on my real pc.

the error not showing during extraction proccess , but during installation proccess .

i've already tried to download again the package, from two different places, and same error.

i'm gonna try it on VPC later ..

i have an error when installing my Nero 6600 SFX :

it tells me that "an error happened in the extraction".

just below : "error: 3"

"the access path cannot be found"

"please reboot your computer or try again".

i reboot but i still have the pb.

i followed the tutorial from SiMoNsAyS poted in the 1st page.

anyone has this problem ?

then

@r0sWell

i get the exact same error massage .. =|

Im sorry. I though the error happened during the extraction. But like I said earlier, why don't you try installing it on your system first. Then if you stll get the same error, build your installer again., and FOLLOW EVERYTHING this time. ;)

Good luck. Please let us know your results on VPC and on your system.

ok i tried the EXE on my PC and same error :

" Nero 6 Installer

An error occured during the copy proccess (file name: ).

Error : 3

the system can't find te path speciefied

please reboot your PC and retry "

u'm gonna try another download source , and try again the guide ..

I was getting the same error, but when I put the folders "common files" & "cover design" into the "nero6" folder and redone the sfx, it all works just fine, the error "the access path cannot be found" is refering to components from the missing folders, once they are included, the error goes away.

i have personally tested my Nero 6.6.0.0 SFX on my own Windows XP system, using the guide on the 1st page of this topic (made by SiMoNsAyS).

i have the error.

i removed Imagedrive, backit up, nero soundtrax, wave editor.

EDIT :

it seems that on my system there is 1 possibilitie that causes the error that i had and we were talking about :

- the fact of removing some parts that shouldn't be removed because now i don't have any problem anymore, i didn't remove anything.

i'll do more test now ;)

Edited by r0sWell