[How To]: Nero 6.6.0.0

SiMoNsAyS

If that is your case, why do you want it to install from SFX?

Make one big SFX of the whole thing - or don't even bother doing that, just use the original archive.

(using your .CMD or RunOnceEX or XPlode or WIHU or whatever :P ) Just have it extract silently to any location on HD ("%systemdrive%\install\Nero" for example).

Then the next commands in your silent install should run them (start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Nero\Nero6\setup.exe /whatever /switches).

And the command after that, to delete that folder (RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install\Nero).

If you still want to shrink more you'll need to create 0-byte files looking on older installers for unnecessary files. If you want only Nero you can replace everything, just leave the Nero folder and I think it will be down 10Mb (Untested)

Can anyone make another "SilentNero6600.zip", like in the first post, but to replace EVERYTHING except the Burning ROM? (Smallest possible installation - no extra crap. Just all burning options, no covers, media, and other crap.)

Hi I am getting an error. After running my newly made file thanks to your help, i get an error report from Windows that says NeroWEbEngine Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

AppName: setup.exe

blah blah blah....:(

you forgot this line in the firstpost:

I assume you already have installed WinRAR so rightclick the installer and unrar the file to C:\nero6600. You'll find 3 important directories C:\nero6600\Common Files, C:\nero6600\CoverDesigner and C:\nero6600\Nero 6. Just drop folders "Common Files\" and "CoverDesigner\" to C:\nero6600\nero6.

Just put those directories in the right map and it works.

i have an error when installing my Nero 6600 SFX :

it tells me that "an error happened in the extraction".

just below : "error: 3"

"the access path cannot be found"

"please reboot your computer or try again".

i reboot but i still have the pb.

i followed the tutorial from SiMoNsAyS poted in the 1st page.

anyone has this problem ?

i reask my question.

i still have the problem.

any idea ?

hi guys what version of winrar are u guys using?

Winrar 3.4 too.

i can install Nero 6.6.0.0 using the normal method, but the SFX causes an error.

approximately translated in english gives :

"an error happened in the extraction"

"error: 3"

"the access path cannot be found"

"please reboot your computer or try again"