XPlode Schedule

Wraith

As you know, there have been delays left right and centre, nearing the amount Valve has had with HL2.

As you may or may not have noticed, I've decided to make an XML creator to go along with XPlode2, so the n00bs can have a chance at getting something right for once.

Unfortunately, to do this, I'm going to have to rewrite XPlode again, and start from scratch.

You lot are going to love it. XPlode3 will be the next version. There's going to be a large enough difference that I'm just going to split the codebase and start again.

Anyways, here's the current schedule for XPlode3:

• November 22: XPlode3 silent install module (done)
  • December 4: XPlode3 core module - XML parser (done - finally supports both ASCII and Unicode)
  • December 4: XPlode3 core module - Data storage (done)
  • December 5: XPlode3 full display module
  • December 6: XPlode3 effects modules

Other stuff will likely be added, and dates changed. You know how things go.

Oh, and another note, I'm more likely to work on it if there are some incentives.. (think about it :P)

@Wraith

I dunno....

I'm betting you won't stay on that schedule....

I mean, right in the middle HL2 is SUPPOSED to come (can't be much more, CS:S is already final) and that might through a kink in the plan. lol.

I can't wait to hear people ask, "where's XPlode 2.0? He's already working on 3!!" Ah, let them come. I got my fingures ready on the sarcasism.

Hi there,

today is the 26th of october and I cannot see any changes here ;)

Well, good things need time, and so I just ask, how far you are with the new XPlode version 3? I'm REALLY interested in the program, cause I use version 1.1.2 at the moment and my DVD is not yet finished :)

:thumbup for your work

cu

FuNKeR