34 members have voted

1. 1. Windows 98 or Windows Mellinum

• Windows 98
    • Windows Mellinium
    • None
    • Both
    • I like other OS

In the list above, Windows Millennium. :yes:

Reason : You can think of it as a bug-fixed Windows 98SE, with updated driver-support, updated system components and more features. Lastly, the removal of real-mode DOS does a lot to fight-back the plague of the DOS-based viruses and MBR viruses.

@prathapml

I had such high hopes for you..... :P Knew we had to disagree on SOMETHING. lol.

True, Windows ME does have a few bugfixes Windows 98 needed. However, it was based off of an unfinished Windows 2000, and then altered to work with the 9X kernel. It you work hard enough, you will find MANY more bugs in ME then in 98 simply because of the transition of kernels.

98 is far more stable for longer period of time. And I personally rather have real-mode DOS then what's in ME. 98 may have a few bugs, but they're not kernel based. ME has a newer driver set to start, but who uses the defaults for most of their hardware anyway?

System Restore could come in handy, but it rarely worked correctly in ME, and wasn't fixed till 2000 was released and then "perfected" in XP.

But alast, I can not vote for Windows 98. I still have it on one system, because it's the only one that can still play my old DOS games, that REQUIRE DOS. Even XP compatibility doesn't work. and ME doesn't have a real dos. the game cannot even be run in a WINDOW. I vote for Windows 1.0. Well technically the version of windows Microsoft bought and then changed it's name. But of the options, I vote 98. I have ME full retail lying around somewhere, but since the 6th test run, it hasn't graced a system.

98 is ok.

It takes less space than XP, and is faster.

I play modern games with it and they all go better than XP.

Wright now, Windows 98 can support all modern graphics cards and a lot of processors.

98 serves me well....

:realmad: AND I HATE MY AWARD BIOS PROCESSOR WITH ITS F**** CPU PROBLEMS.

IT'S "AMD DURON 1.2 GHz" DONT BUY AMD. :realmad::thumbdown

I cant even get support on it on their website... :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
In the list above, Windows Millennium. :yes:

Reason : You can think of it as a bug-fixed Windows 98SE, with updated driver-support, updated system components and more features. Lastly, the removal of real-mode DOS does a lot to fight-back the plague of the DOS-based viruses and MBR viruses.

Just spent 2 days fixing an ME system that had been infected with a boot sector virus. Not sure if it was DOS based however.

People need to know these are back out in the wild again and particularly nasty ! ! !

:angry::angry:

patio. B)