WMP10 is out....leaked

SiMoNsAyS has posted: "/integrate works" is true????
No, he just said "tell me if it works" - he was hoping it would work. There's no confirmation of that yet.

EDIT:

ok, I checked for that - there's no "/integrate" in WMP10. :(

So its confirmed news now.

massimo...i dont think there is, but it would be awesome if there was!
I agree.

Could anyone explain why you are using the "/Q:A /R:N" switch TWICE in the command-line? I haven't tried the MP10 unattended yet. But after a normal install, WMP10 rocks! :w00t:

the "/c:" after mp10setup.exe defines a custom command to be launched after the file is extracted. by default it would launch setup_wm.exe without any commandline switches for the normal installation. for unattended installation the switch is "setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N". Thats why it is enclosed in " ". The "/Q:A /R:N"-part after mp10setup.exe is just for hiding the file extraction process from the user as well.

i extracted mp10setup.exe manually by calling "mp10setup.exe /c /t:<path_to_extract>", compressed it to 7-Zip (9mb instead of 12mb) and just added "setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N" to my RunOnceEx.

massimo...i dont think there is, but it would be awesome if there was!
I agree.

Could anyone explain why you are using the "/Q:A /R:N" switch TWICE in the command-line? I haven't tried the MP10 unattended yet. But after a normal install, WMP10 rocks! :w00t:

Judging on Microsoft's Windows Media 10 SDK, the switches should be like that:

MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /C:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q /R:N"

;)

SiMoNsAyS has posted: "/integrate works" is true????
No, he just said "tell me if it works" - he was hoping it would work. There's no confirmation of that yet.

EDIT:

ok, I checked for that - there's no "/integrate" in WMP10. :(

So its confirmed news now.

it's a pitty :(

i've read that like the new post-sp2 updates it could be integrated in the sp2 installation but it's just a rumor... :thumbdown

what????  wmp10 is not a hotfix...I dont think anyone said every program by MS now supports /integrate...

...it was said that every update from sp2 will use a new installer that let u slipstream that update in the sp2 main installation (hotfixes or optional updates)...

...it was said that every update from sp2 will use a new installer that let u slipstream that update in the sp2 main installation (hotfixes or optional updates)...

It was said that hotfix's specifically, Type1 like ones would be able to....or more specifically, those using update.exe v4 or somewhere around tehre.

Judging on Microsoft's Windows Media 10 SDK, the switches should be like that:

MP10Setup.exe /Q:A /C:"setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q /R:N"

;)

I tried the switch via VMware and it works with no problem :)

[i have System Restore disabled, via Registry Tweak]

Also, in my Registry Tweaks have this tweak:

;WMP9 Setup
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"AcceptedPrivacyStatement"=dword:00000001
"FirstRun"=dword:00000000

which obviously work with the WMP10 upgrade too (no FirstRun dialog was displayed). :D

for anyone that would like to know. my solution:

use winrar (or switches) to extract the wmp10 package. create a new rar sfx file with this comment

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setup_wm.exe /DisallowSystemRestore /Q:A /R:N
TempMode
Silent=2
Overwrite=1

then add this entry to RunOnceEx

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Windows Media Player 10" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\Software\WMP10\WMP10.exe" /f

that will give you a (1mb) smaller and unattended installation ;)

@j4ever of course! but to use the CDROM variable you need to stablish it, my code for example it's:

FOR %%d IN (c: d: e: f: g: h: i: j: k: l: m: n: o: p: q: r: s: t: u: v: w: x: y: z:) DO IF EXIST %%d\$OEM$\BioHaZaRD.nfo SET CDROM=%%d

with BioHaZaRD.nfo on $OEM$ path

so would this work?

****the IF EXIST systemdrive part is special for the ATI 4.8 drivers.*****

Also, @simonsays couldn't this method be used to put it in svcpack.inf? I have the .net framework integrated with sp1 in an sfx archive and it is in svcpack and i was wondering if i could do the same with wmp10?

post-70-1094160452_thumb.jpg