Disk space or LCD monitor?

Lunar Leaper

What is more important? Would you put your mony in huge SATA or smooth LCD if you have to choose?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What is more important? Would you put your mony in huge SATA or smooth LCD if you have to choose?

• Disk space of course. Who cares about the screen? Just get a bigger table...
    • LCD monitor would look good on my desk :)

Definitely the LCD.

I shelled out the cash last year for a 200gb Maxtor SATA(US$200), but could only afford a 14" LCD(US$120).

The SATA drive performance is little better (if at all) than an el-cheapo PATA; but the monitor is so small...a regrettable decision, in retrospect.

SATA performance is NOT AT ALL better. At least, not YET. With NCQ (never heard of? google for it) there will be a difference. Still not very big.

If you can choose between SATA, PATA and the PATA version is cheaper, go for the PATA one! ;)

I'd definetly go for the LCD! Unless you're still working with a 20 GB hard disk...

I'm working on a Hyundai Q17 17 inch flatscreen with 1280*1024 and..... it's marvellous!

Well, I seem to be the first _posting_ here, that I'll prefer the HUGE HD - never mind if its PATA or SATA, my MoBo can handle either. :D

Reason?

I have a good enough monitor (CRT, 17", can do 1400x1050@60Hz) which has sharp display - and there's still reasons why LCDs aren't as good as CRTs.

But I keep adding to the data on my HDD at the rate of, like probably 5 GB a week - and I can't keep all of that, nor burn to CDs. Now, your HUUUUUGE disk here will help me. Whaddya say? :huh:

Well, I seem to be the first _posting_ here, that I'll prefer the HUGE HD - never mind if its PATA or SATA, my MoBo can handle either. :D

Reason?

I have a good enough monitor (CRT, 17", can do 1400x1050@60Hz) which has sharp display - and there's still reasons why LCDs aren't as good as CRTs.

But I keep adding to the data on my HDD at the rate of, like probably 5 GB a week - and I can't keep all of that, nor burn to CDs. Now, your HUUUUUGE disk here will help me. Whaddya say? :huh:

OMG!

60Hz! I would stright up vomit if i sat infront of your screen!

IMHO The LCD is one of the best investments i have made in the past 4 years!

Not only do they look amazing, the save space, put out less heat and use less power!

The biggest thing for me is i can sit in front of a moniter for long times and not feel drowsy...helps me alot for all nighter essay and reports, which to this point has defined my college life....

So ya LCD all the way HDD space can be backed to cds or manilpulated and optimized while if u have a crap screen theres nothing u can do about it

|Drew|

OMG!

60Hz! I would stright up vomit if i sat infront of your screen!

Ah sorry..... I only mentioned the max. it could go there - my normal res. is here.

BTW, all the points you make regarding the LCD:

I'd like to voted Birbal style :D - get both. While the facts are good, its not fully so to everyone. But it simply isn't cheap enough (in my country) to buy them, and high env. conditions. Given that a large LCD would be cost about 4 times the size of a lower-end version, and far more than a very big HDD. somethings are differently favoured by me. :D

• 5 weeks later...