Anybody still have SP2 build 2055?

Jazkal

This doesn't work for me!

On XP Pro SP2 I used latest Replacer version to change termsrv.dll for the old, concurrent sessions-enabled, file. Then applied the registry changes and rebooted.

Enabled remote desktop and tried to log in with the same user that I was logged in with from mstsc, but this made the Welcome Screen appear. Then logged back on, remote desktop connection closed automagically, and tried to log on with some other account through remote desktop... same problem.

Does this really enable me to be logged in and actually using the computer from 2 different locations at the same time? Because it isn't working...

Thanks.

This doesn't work for me!

On XP Pro SP2 I used latest Replacer version to change termsrv.dll for the old, concurrent sessions-enabled, file. Then applied the registry changes and rebooted.

Enabled remote desktop and tried to log in with the same user that I was logged in with from mstsc, but this made the Welcome Screen appear. Then logged back on, remote desktop connection closed automagically, and tried to log on with some other account through remote desktop... same problem.

Does this really enable me to be logged in and actually using the computer from 2 different locations at the same time? Because it isn't working...

Thanks.

Let's say I login with user A locally... I cannot login with user A remotely, or else I will be kicked off locally. You must login with user B remotely so that user A does not get kicked off. That is how it works! ;)

...Then logged back on, remote desktop connection closed automagically, and tried to log on with some other account through remote desktop... same problem...

Already tried that.

Also, I tried a couple of the new uxtheme.dll files around the forums, but none of them seemed to work, can you please point me to the right post?

Thanks.

[snip] here is what i have done (please notice that i am not clean installation from a unattened cd):

1. Extract the attached termsrv.dl_ (which posted by the administrator at the start of this thread) and overwrite to c:\windows\system32 (for my case, even i booted to safe mode, when overwrite this file, it said it is using by the system, so i boot by win98 boot disk to dos and overwrite it)

2. Click: Start - Run

And type: regedit

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\Licensing Core

Right-mouse-click on the right pane and create a new DWORD: EnableConcurrentSessions

Double-click the value and type: 1

3. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Double-click DWORD: AllowMultipleTSSessions and change the value to 1

[snip]

you need to do a search in your windows folder. There may be more copies of the file.

@Redondos: I've used the file included here for a while without problems: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=23719

• 2 weeks later...

Does this patch only works if the computer is _NOT_ connected to a domain?

I got this patch to work at home (no domain), but at work (in a domain) the patch didnt work; it responded as usual (before the patch), and only one user could be logged in at a time (both locally and remotely).

Anyone else tried this in a domain?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...