Winamp 5.0.4 MSI release

Alanoll

The Quicklaunch shortcut gets created at %Userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch. If there is any difference in the paths on your machines, it won't get created properly.
That's true, but I do know that, and checked in that exact location (%Userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch), but the shortcut wasn't created. And I use a plain US English version of winXP with default regional settings (so no multi-language issues). Maybe the problem is that you need to wrap that path with a <""> (i mean, double-quotes)?
As for overwriting the registration info..... At the moment, it just writes what's in the property to registry (which is why I can't see what it's failing, unless user error)
I'm sure of the absence of user-error in this case. Maybe if you set the MSI to not write anything to registry if that property is left unspecified, the issue will get resolved?

And for the positioning of the media library, it normally gets positioned properly if you run it after installing from the normal installer - but now the MSI doesn't do the same. So, maybe you haven't checked if you have any remnants of not-understood settings in "winamp.ini" (which is where window-positions are remembered) ?

ok, I need to refresh before editing my post....

EDIT:: Well I'll be....I made a typo earlier. the command isn't xuser, it's xname. New MSI coming fixing the overwriting and hopefully quicklaunch issue.
Bonedaddy

I can assure you right now, xtaskbar won't work. It doesn't exist :)

@prathapml

well, crud. There goes the language issues. oh well, hopefully the new thing fixes it. But I don't tpe the path to the shortcut in. It's a tree creating thing. Right Click, type name of folder. Like in Explorer.

And for the positioning of the media library, it normally gets positioned properly if you run it after installing from the normal installer - but now the MSI doesn't do the same. So, maybe you haven't checked if you have any remnants of not-understood settings in "winamp.ini" (which is where window-positions are remembered) ?

I'll check later (about to leave the house) about any INI settings that may affect this. I have each component with it's settings installed in a seperate folder, so it shouldn't take long to see changes.

Is it possible for you to get these switches to advertise themselves (like in windows Pre-SP hot-fixes) when you run "winamp.msi /?"

Additional switches are

Xfull = Install ALL components.

Xname = Username for Pro registration

XKey = Product Key for Pro registration

XDesktop = Creates the Desktop shortcut; Default is 1

XQuicklaunch = Creates the Quicklaunch shortcut; Default is 0

XStartmenu = Creates the Startmenu shortcuts; Default is 1

XAllShort = Creates all shortcuts; Default is 0

XSkinsetting = Specify the SKIN to use in Winamp

Is it possible for you to get these switches to advertise themselves (like in windows Pre-SP hot-fixes) when you run "winamp.msi /?"
Additional switches are

Xfull = Install ALL components.

Xname = Username for Pro registration

XKey = Product Key for Pro registration

XDesktop = Creates the Desktop shortcut; Default is 1

XQuicklaunch = Creates the Quicklaunch shortcut; Default is 0

XStartmenu = Creates the Startmenu shortcuts; Default is 1

XAllShort = Creates all shortcuts; Default is 0

XSkinsetting = Specify the SKIN to use in Winamp

I have NO idea how to accomplish that through Windows Installer. As /? would be passed to msiexec.exe. I'll look into it though. Good idea.

prathapml

I guess if you installed the Agent and enabled it to start with Windows, the Quick Launch link would be there.

For Library position, yes I think Alanoll saved winamp.ini after keeping the library in a certain position.

Hope this helps.

Quicklaunch should be fixed now...hopefully.

New MSI uploaded. I'll go through again in a few hours about the Library position. And actually, almost all entries are blanked for WInamp to create them in the INI.

fixed library position by making sure that

the code is as,

xmodernskin=1

xskinsetting=winamp modern

EDIT

sorry guys that was the playlist that the above order

fixed, I don't use the library. At least until a few min.

ago, I thought I would try it. they're all over the place.

Playlist and library on top of main winamp.

I honestly have NOOOO idea. :) It's probally for when playing CDs, it ejects then or something. But that's just my guess. I don't use Winamp to play CDs :rolleyes: I rip them, then play the MP3s lol.

There doesn't seems to be an option for "Nullsoft tray control"... what is it though?

Hmm, indeed there isn't, in the dialog anyway :D it's XTRAY I must have accidentally removed it at somepoint when going through the dialogs. Will be fixed next update.

Planned for next:

Fix that quirck

Find out about Media Library

See about that /? screen, but I doubt it will work. I might have to create an entire new type of install type (Maintenace, Admin, Normal are the typical ones) for and then have a switch somewhere like HELP=1 (needs to be that as Windows Installer can't add any more switches, only properties)

See if I can get it smaller. THERE HAS TO BE AN OPTION SOMEWHERE :D

EDIT: I found out where that bloody entry is for the position of the Library. studio.xnf

Oh goddamn crap! (no offense meant, I'm just amazed) :)

I came across the quicklaunch shortcut finally, and guess where the MSI had created it?

"E:\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\"

The mystery of the QuickLaunch shortcut not showing up is solved, eh?

ha ha ha.......

Alanoll, you need some sleep buddy, don't work on this in a late night.

Ok dudes, forget my post above. This is the penalty I pay for using an old version. The newer version (which was most recently linked to by the first post here) is able to make the quicklaunch shortcut in the right place - it works for me. I don't know about the other things, though.

I changed the initial starting path for the shortcut from

[userProfile] to [AppData] and that seems to fix it.

As for the media library positioning, if you delete studio.xnf, Winamp will recreate it and the library and everything else will be in the right place. The file is removed in the MSI on my computer. It's a minor thing, so.....I'm gonna continue with those other updates first releasing it.